Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIx junk emails
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIx junk emails Post 302099884 by silicate on Thursday 14th of December 2006 12:35:38 PM
Old 12-14-2006
If the unix server is delivering email to an exchange server, you should modify the settings on the exchange server to not treat the email coming from the unix server as junk. This is of course if that is your setup, your post could have used a bit more details.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Emails to a unix process

Hi , I need to have a unix process which is setup to read all incoming mail for some user and process the same. How tough it is to code the same.Is there any way that we can download some shell scripts for the same from some internet site Kindly help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsriniva
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix emails in Windows

Hello, How can I convert Unix emails w/attachments to a Outlook PST file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dti650
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify records having junk characters in unix

Hi Friends, I need to have a command in Unix which output all teh records havingg junk characters in a file.... I know a command cat -tv <Filename> which opens the file and we can check for any junk character in it. But my requirement is to fetch ONLY THOSE records having junk characters.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Outgoing Emails from Unix Server

the server i have here is a Ubuntu server. it has nagios on it. after setting up nagios and having it work as it should, i realized at the very end of all my work that obviously nagios will also need to send out email alerts to a set of email addresses that it has in its database. my problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

5. AIX

Need help on sending emails to Lotus Notes from Unix

Hi, I am new to UNIX and any help is greatly appreciated. Requirement: Need to check the directory and if the directory has some files then an email needs to be sent to the email ID on Lotus Notes. I need help on sending an email to email ID on Lotus Notes notifying that the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neetutg
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML file shows Junk Characters in UNIX

Hello sir, I have generated XML file from VS 2005. It works well in windows but it shows some junk characters in unix. Can any help me with this problem. Thank you in advance. Hema (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemavenkatesh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Emails are going to Junk, How to stop them?

I wrote a shell script, the result to be Emailed. So I used mailx command in my Script. But the mail was going to Junk folder. Is there any troubleshoot for this? the mail was coming as username@hostname.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archived Emails in UNIX Executable Files

Hello, A while back someone"archived" my emails for me, so I didn't have to worry about my email account filling up with emails. I need to get back into those emails and view them. When I opent the folder it has several files. The largest being an "mbox", which I am assuming has all of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaffer1921
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing UNIX emails

Hi all, I am new to unix and I have a requirement to develop a shell script which does the following:- Check for email from a particular user If found, copy the attachment in the mail to a particular directory. Delete the email. Any help, pointers are really appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esgovi1234
3 Replies
AMQP-CONSUME(1) 						 RabbitMQ C Client						   AMQP-CONSUME(1)

NAME
amqp-consume - Consume messages from a queue on an AMQP server SYNOPSIS
amqp-consume [OPTION...] {command} [args...] DESCRIPTION
amqp-consume consumes messages from a queue on an AMQP server. For each message that arrives, a receiving command is run, with the message body supplied to it on standard input. amqp-consume can consume from an existing queue, or it can create a new queue. It can optionally bind the queue to an existing exchange. By default, messages will be consumed with explicit acknowledgements. A message will only be acknowledged if the receiving command exits successfully (i.e. with an exit code of zero). The AMQP "no ack" mode (a.k.a. auto-ack mode) can be enable with the -A option. OPTIONS
-q, --queue=queue name The name of the queue to consume messages from. If the --queue option is omitted, the AMQP server will assign a unique name to the queue, and that server-assigned name will be dixsplayed on stderr; this case implies that an exclusive queue should be declared. -e, --exchange=exchange name Specifies that an exclusive queue should be declared, and bound to the given exchange. The specified exchange should already exist unless the --exchange-type option is used to request the creation of an exchange. -r, --routing-key=routing key The routing key for binding. If omitted, an empty routing key is assumed. -d, --declare Forces an exclusive queue to be declared, even when it otherwise would not be. That is, when a queue name is specified with the --queue option, but no binding to an exchange is requested with the --exchange option. -A, --no-ack=routing key Enable "no ack" mode: The AMQP server will unconditionally acknowledge each message that is delivered, regardless of whether the target command exits successfully or not. EXAMPLES
Consume messages from an existing queue "myqueue", and output the message bodies on standard output via cat: $ amqp-publish -q myqueue cat Bind a new exclusive queue to an exchange "myexch", and send each message body to the script myscript, automatically acknowledging them on the server: $ amqp-consume -A -e myexch ./myscript SEE ALSO
librabbitmq-tools(7) describes connection-related options common to all the RabbitMQ C Client tools. AUTHOR
The RabbitMQ Team <info@rabbitmq.com> RabbitMQ C Client 2011-01-01 AMQP-CONSUME(1)