Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIx junk emails
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIx junk emails Post 302099874 by sireesha15 on Thursday 14th of December 2006 11:03:54 AM
Old 12-14-2006
UNIx junk emails

HI,
I schedule some programs and mail the reports as attachments
But one of the attachment always is directed to junk email folder.Is there any way to avoid it in UNIX.
My mail server is outlook.

Thanks,
Sireesha

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Emails to a unix process

Hi , I need to have a unix process which is setup to read all incoming mail for some user and process the same. How tough it is to code the same.Is there any way that we can download some shell scripts for the same from some internet site Kindly help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsriniva
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix emails in Windows

Hello, How can I convert Unix emails w/attachments to a Outlook PST file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dti650
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify records having junk characters in unix

Hi Friends, I need to have a command in Unix which output all teh records havingg junk characters in a file.... I know a command cat -tv <Filename> which opens the file and we can check for any junk character in it. But my requirement is to fetch ONLY THOSE records having junk characters.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Outgoing Emails from Unix Server

the server i have here is a Ubuntu server. it has nagios on it. after setting up nagios and having it work as it should, i realized at the very end of all my work that obviously nagios will also need to send out email alerts to a set of email addresses that it has in its database. my problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

5. AIX

Need help on sending emails to Lotus Notes from Unix

Hi, I am new to UNIX and any help is greatly appreciated. Requirement: Need to check the directory and if the directory has some files then an email needs to be sent to the email ID on Lotus Notes. I need help on sending an email to email ID on Lotus Notes notifying that the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neetutg
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML file shows Junk Characters in UNIX

Hello sir, I have generated XML file from VS 2005. It works well in windows but it shows some junk characters in unix. Can any help me with this problem. Thank you in advance. Hema (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemavenkatesh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Emails are going to Junk, How to stop them?

I wrote a shell script, the result to be Emailed. So I used mailx command in my Script. But the mail was going to Junk folder. Is there any troubleshoot for this? the mail was coming as username@hostname.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archived Emails in UNIX Executable Files

Hello, A while back someone"archived" my emails for me, so I didn't have to worry about my email account filling up with emails. I need to get back into those emails and view them. When I opent the folder it has several files. The largest being an "mbox", which I am assuming has all of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaffer1921
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing UNIX emails

Hi all, I am new to unix and I have a requirement to develop a shell script which does the following:- Check for email from a particular user If found, copy the attachment in the mail to a particular directory. Delete the email. Any help, pointers are really appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esgovi1234
3 Replies
TNEF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   TNEF(1)

NAME
tnef - decode Microsoft's Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format SYNOPSIS
tnef [options] [FILE] tnef {--help | --version} DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the tnef filter. tnef decodes e-mail attachments encoded in Microsoft's Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (hereafter, TNEF), which "wraps" Microsoft e-mail attachments. Unfortunately, these "wrapped" attachments are inaccessible to any e-mail client that does not understand TNEF. Fortunately, the tnef fil- ter can be used by any MIME-aware client to unpack these attachments. OPTIONS
-f FILE, --file=FILE use FILE as input ('-' denotes stdin). When this option is omitted, tnef reads data from stdin. -C DIR, --directory=DIR unpack file attachments into DIR. -x SIZE, --maxsize=SIZE limit maximum size of extracted archive (bytes) -t, --list list attached files, do not extract. -w, --interactive, --confirmation ask for confirmation for every action. --overwrite when extracting attachments, overwrite existing files. --number-backups when extracting attachments, if file FOO will be overwritten, create FOO.n instead. --use-paths honor file pathnames specified in the TNEF attachment. For security reasons, paths to attached files are ignored by default. --save-body FILE Save message body data found in the TNEF data. There can be up to three message bodies in the file, plain text, HTML encoded, and RTF encoded. Which are saved is specified by the --body-pref option. By default the message bodies are written to a file named message with an extension based upon the type (txt, html, rtf). --body-pref PREF Specifies which of the possibly three message body formats will be saved. PREF can be up to three characters long and each charac- ter must be one of 'r', 'h', or 't' specifying RTF, HTML or text. The order is the order that the data will be checked, the first type found will be saved. If PREF is the special value of 'all' then any and all message body data found will be saved. The default is 'rht'. --save-rtf FILE DEPRECATED. Equivalent to --save-body=FILE --body-pref=r -h, --help show usage message. -V, --version display version and copyright. -v, --verbose produce verbose output. --debug enable debug output. EXAMPLE
The following example demonstrates typical tnef usage with a popular Unix mail client called "mutt". Step 1 -- Configure ~/.mailcap Mutt can't use tnef for its intended purpose until an appropriate content type definition exists in ~/.mailcap . Here's a sample defini- tion: application/ms-tnef; tnef -w %s This mailcap entry says that whenever the MIME content type: application/ms-tnef is encountered, use this command to decode it: tnef -w %s The latter command string invokes tnef, specifying both the -w option and the attachment (created as a temporary file) as command line arguments. Step 2 -- Add The Filter To $PATH Mutt can't invoke tnef if the filter isn't accessible via $PATH. Step 3 -- Test Mutt Use mutt to read a message that includes a TNEF attachment. Mutt will note that an attachment of type "application/ms-tnef is unsup- ported". Press the "v" key to open mutt's "view attachment" menu. Move the cursor over the TNEF attachment and press the enter key to "view" the attachment. Mutt will launch tnef and invoke it using the command line syntax specified in ~/.mailcap (step 1). tnef then decodes all file(s) included in the TNEF attachment, prompting for confir- mation prior to creating an individual file (refer to -w option above). -w is useful here because it gives the end user a chance to view the filename(s) included in the mail message. Note that Mutt's attachment menu also supports a pipe option, which permits the user to pipe attachments to an external filter (how conve- nient). So, to list the contents of a TNEF attachment prior to decoding it, press the "|" key and enter this command: tnef -t SEE ALSO
metamail(1), mailcap(4), mutt(1), other email clients. AUTHOR
Mark Simpson. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to Mark Simpson <verdammelt@users.sourceforge.net> OTHER REFERENCES
This web page: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q136/2/04.asp describes how to configure Microsoft email clients so that the TNEF format is disabled when sending messages to non-TNEF-compatible clients. Filter TNEF MIME Decoder TNEF(1)