Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with directory
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem with directory Post 302099417 by vino on Tuesday 12th of December 2006 03:00:56 AM
Old 12-12-2006
Or
Code:
$ export PATH=/proj:$PATH
$ ./dboper.prg

Make sure dboper.prg has execute permissions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

home directory problem

I have solaris 9 installed across 2 disks. disk 1 / s0 swap s1 /usr s6 /var s3 /home s7 disk2 /swapfile (spare space for use with swap) s1 /opt s5 /export/home s7 When I create a new user using solaris Management... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finster
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with directory commands

Hello... I am having a slight problem when I run the basic directory command from a shell script... i used the foll code:: $ cat a pwd date cd .. all the command of the script except the " cd .. " command are working...I also tried cd <dir_path> through diff means...including giving... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Problem Removing a Directory !!!

Hi All, When i remove a directory , the following error message comes : rm: cannot determine if this is an ancestor of the current working directory Is it something to do with the permissisons ? The path is /PBAMLftp/incoming/misc/July06 - (where i need to remove the July06 directory) And... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory inside directory problem

hii, I have to create a directory under the same directory with the date +%a extension like this BackupLocation=$BackupLocation/$BackupLocation$(date +%w) but the problem is --- if backuplocation is abc/dfg then accroding to the above statement it would be abc/dfg/abc/dfg5 but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory Creation problem

Hiiii, here is my script-- BackupLocation="$OPTARG" if ]; then echo "Either option l or L should be given to $Programname" echo "$Usage" echo "$Programname is terminated" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

6. Linux

Problem about Fedora directory permission

Problem about Fedora directory permission,can anyone help me? In fedora,I have two ordinary user named user1&user2 in different groups,when I logined user1 and created a dir named test/ in '/home/ user1/',and do 'chmod 750 test',so when 'ls -l',it appears 'drwxr- x---' for 'test',but when I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhouq3132
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with spaces in directory path

Hi Gurus, I have a requirement. cat /usdd/Sample/"NDDF Plus DB"/"NDDF Descriptive and Pricing"/"NDDF BASICS 3.0"/"Pricing"/1.txt | sed 's/*|*/|/g' | sed 's/^*//'| sed 's/^*//; s/*$//' > temp.txt In unix prompt the above command is reading the file 1.txt and I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Restricting Directory in Apache

Hello, I want to restrict access to our Subversion repositories to only our internal network. I have a virtual host directive setup in Apache for the IP and port 443. When I put the following: <Directory "/var/www/svn/"> Order allow,deny AllowOverride None Allow from 10.5.10.0/24 Allow... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Naming of directory problem

hi all suppose in particular directory i have lots of directory supoose 201009 201010 201011 201012 now by mistake i have rename all these directory as 201009.bk 201010.bk 201011.bk 201012.bk now how can i revert the changes back pls help me regarding this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if statement, cannot get to right directory

I have several scripts , which are calling one. That script, depends of arguments, processing daily, weekly and monthly files. After process daily, I started process weekly exec ${LOCL_WORKING_DIR}/sftp_ondemand.sh /export/data/mbsesb/config/ondemand.cfg /export/data/mbsesb/config/filename.lst... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
11 Replies
LN(1)							      General Commands Manual							     LN(1)

NAME
ln, clone - create a link to a file SYNOPSIS
ln [-ifmrRvx] file [name] ln [-ifrRvx] file ... dir clone [-ifmvx] file [name] OPTIONS
-i Ask if ok to remove a file -f Remove existing links -m Merge trees, disable the into-a-directory trick -rR Recursively link a directory tree -v Display what ln is doing -x Do not cross device boundaries EXAMPLES
ln file newname # Make newname a synonym for file ln /usr/games/chess # Create a link called chess DESCRIPTION
A directory entry is created for name . The entry points to file . Henceforth, name and file can be used interchangeably. If name is not supplied, the last component of file is used as the link name. If more than one file is supplied or the name refers to an existing direc- tory, links will be created in that directory. An existing name will not be removed unless the -i or -f flag is specified. Clone is a convenient synonym for ln -fmr to create a so-called "link farm", a directory full of links to the original tree. SEE ALSO
cp(1), link(2), unlink(2). LN(1)