Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help w/PERL system command Post 302098792 by nathan on Wednesday 6th of December 2006 07:09:04 PM
Old 12-06-2006
Just an example.

Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl

my $data;
$data = qx { nslookup localhost };
chomp $data;

printf(" data =>$data<= \n");

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl run system command

Can perl execute a system command similar to the C function System()? Thanks. Gregg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - system command

Can this be done without using te system command? I have a directory with a large number of files in it, but I am interested in only the 8 most recent. The directory looks like -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm 13412 Sep 22 08:31 events_dump_09222005.csv.gz -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl System command calls to variable

I am new to scripting in Perl so I have a dumb question. I know I can call system commands using system("date"); But I am not able to: 1. set its output to a variable 2. run in quiet mode(no output to the screen) The examples i have #!/usr/bin/perl print `date +\%y\%m\%d.\%H\%M`;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4scriptmoni
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run system command in perl cgi

Hi guys, got a problem with a perl cgi script over here. I need it to run a system command to get the status of a process. Unfortunately the process is owned by a specific user and only this user can get its status. So i tried running the command from the perl cgi with "su", but then i get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: polki
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit ststus 9 from perl system command

HI all, can anyone tell me what does exit status 9 from perl's system function meant. I am using system fuction to execute a shell script as : my $s=system ('script.sh' ,arg1 ,arg2); print $s; the output is 9. Thanks in advance. !!:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glamo_2312
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file handling in perl without using system command

Hi , Is there any way to achieve following using perl program (i.e without using system command). 1.system ("echo 'test' > /usr/spool/ship.csv"); 2.system ("cat /usr/ajay_test* >> /usr/spool/RAM/work/patil.csv"); 3.system("> /usr/spool/ajay.txt"); e.g for system("rm -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: looping through the output of a 'system' command

Hi there could anybody point me in the right direction when it comes to looping through the output of a system command in perl (i.e. df -k) doing a test against each line to see if it matches? for example if i have a df -k output like this and I wanted to grab the lines that matched "sda" or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call the System command twice in the same perl script...

Hello experts, I have a perl script which looks for the ARGV and then loads the data as per it. Example. #Checking the server to connect if ($ARGV eq 'QA') { $ENV{"ORACLE_HOME"} = "/oracle/product/11.2.0"; $ENV{"PATH"} = "$ENV{'PATH'}:/oracle/product/11.2.0/bin"; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msrahman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using "system" command in perl

Hello!!! I'm trying to pass the output from bash command to perl variable in a perl script, and I used the "system" command to execute the bash statment and pass the result to perl string variable, in this perl script I used a variable $file that store data for using it as a regular expression.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evolabo
2 Replies
Arch::SharedCache(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Arch::SharedCache(3pm)

NAME
Arch::SharedCache - a synchronized data structure (map) for IPC SYNOPSIS
use Arch::SharedCache; my $cache = Arch::SharedCache->new( dir => '/tmp/dir-listings', max_size => 100, expiration => 600, # 10 minutes ); sub ls_long { scalar `ls -l $_[0]` } my $user_dir = '/usr/share'; $cache->store($user_dir => ls_long($user_dir)); $cache->fetch_store(sub { ls_long($_[0]) }, qw(/tmp /bin /usr/share)); printf "Cached listing of $user_dir: %s", $cache->fetch($user_dir); $cache->delete($user_dir); # examine /tmp/dir-listings/ after running this script # see also synopsys of Arch::SharedIndex DESCRIPTION
Arch::SharedCache provides an Arch::SharedIndex implementation using a single file per value. METHODS
The following methods are available: new. Other methods are documented in Arch::SharedIndex. new options Create a new Arch::SharedCache object. options is a hash of options. dir The cache directory used to store data. Will be created if it doesn't exist. index_file Name of the index file for the cache. Defaults to "dir/.index". BUGS
Awaiting for your reports. AUTHORS
Mikhael Goikhman (migo@homemail.com--Perl-GPL/arch-perl--devel). Enno Cramer (uebergeek@web.de--2003/arch-perl--devel). SEE ALSO
For more information, see Arch::SharedIndex. perl v5.10.1 2005-09-17 Arch::SharedCache(3pm)