Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Patphr
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Patphr Post 302097450 by patphr on Friday 24th of November 2006 12:00:38 PM
Old 11-24-2006
patphr

Is there an quicker way? If I use the tar command to view the backup contents and it shows me a date and time on the tape, can I be sure I have a good backup?

Also, Is there a way to check a tape drive to see if it is bad?

Will Smit let me see the tar backup quicker?

Last edited by patphr; 11-24-2006 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: adding to the question

BACULA-SD(8)					      Network backup, recovery & verification					      BACULA-SD(8)

NAME
bacula-sd - Bacula's Storage Daemon SYNOPSIS
bacula-sd [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the bacula-sd command. Bacula's Storage Daemon acts as the interface between the Bacula network backup system and a tape drive/autochanger or filesystem where the backups will be stored. OPTIONS
-c file Specify the configuration file to use. -d nn Set debug level to nn. -dt Print timestamp in debug output. -f Run in foreground (for debugging). -g group Set the group/gid to run as. -p Proceed inspite of I/O errors -s No signals (for debugging). -t Test the configuration file and report errors. -u user Set the username/uid to run as. -v Set verbose mode. -? Show version and usage of program. SEE ALSO
bacula-dir(8), bacula-fd(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon@adv-solutions.net>. Kern Sibbald 6 December 2009 BACULA-SD(8)