Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users the amount of memory consumed per user Post 302097391 by sumitpandya on Friday 24th of November 2006 04:22:34 AM
Old 11-24-2006
Pam

You must have support of pam in "login" then you add entry of pam_limits for login. This limit module of pam read values of different system resources from /etc/security/limits.conf file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get amount of memory installed.

Hi! I'm not a UNIX fanatic but I like using it for the Oracle database since it's not stable in the Windows NT environment (what is?). Problem: Is there any command to show me the amount of installed physical-memory in the machine? Is there some other way to show the processes which uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elgholm
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Amount of RAM (Memory)

How do i check/get the total amount of RAM, on a machine running UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudimu
4 Replies

3. Solaris

1. To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time

hello I am new to the UNIX I want to know what command is used 1.To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time . 2.To know the How many CPU's in a server. 3.To know the RAM size. 4.To know the Hard Disk size. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshkoushik
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

amount of memory in my server

Hi all, is there any command that i can execute to find out the size of the harddisk and RAM on my server? Because i am not the SA, i do not have access to such infomation. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Order process by consumed memory

Hi! I am new to HP-UX. :o By using the command glance, I found the user memory usage was very high. I would like to know is there any command can show the process which consume most available memory ? (Just like the command top, but order by memory, not CPU) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfredo
1 Replies

6. AIX

amount of memory allocated to large page

We just set up a system to use large pages. I want to know if there is a command to see how much of the memory is being used for large pages. For example if we have a system with 8GB of RAm assigned and it has been set to use 4GB for large pages is there a command to show that 4GB of the *GB is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I obtain the consumed memory of a process?

Hi!!! how can I obtain the consumed memory of a process? nowadays i'm using ps -efo pid, pmem, comm,args .... but the information is in percentage, is that correct? so, i want to know how can obtain the consumed memory of a process in mb? thanks in advance! Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcrutz_18
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Logging the memory consumed by a process with c/C++ without using proc

I need to log the size of physical/virtual memory consumed by any given given process using c/c++ code running on solaris and aix without using the proc filesystem. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manisha Paul
1 Replies

9. AIX

Process, PID and total memory consumed on AIX.

Hi, Below is the code snippet I use on Linux (Centos) to retrieve the Process Name, PID and memory consumed on Linux (Centos) host:- top -b -n 1 | awk -v date="$tdydate" -v ip="$ip" 'NR>7 {print date","ip","$12,","$1,","$10}' Any idea how the same can be retrieved on an AIX host? This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to check memory used or consumed by OS kernel

I am trying to check how much memory is consumed by OS Kernel using below command, Is this the correct command that I'm using grep Slab /proc/meminfo Output : Slab: 3106824 kB IF I convert KB to GB, It means 2.9 GB of RAM is consumed Below details for reference ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies
TAU_TRACK_MEMORY_HEA(3) 				      TAU Instrumentation API					   TAU_TRACK_MEMORY_HEA(3)

NAME
TAU_TRACK_MEMORY_HEADROOM - Track the headroom (amount of memory for a process to grow) by periodically interrupting the program SYNOPSIS
C/C++: TAU_TRACK_MEMORY_HEADROOM(void); Fortran: TAU_TRACK_MEMORY_HEADROOM(void); DESCRIPTION
Tracks the amount of memory available for the process before it runs out of free memory on the heap. This call sets up a signal handler that is invoked every 10 seconds by an interrupt (this interval may be altered by using the TAU_SET_INTERRUPT_INTERVAL call). Inside the interrupt handler, TAU evaluates how much memory it can allocate and associates it with the callstack using the TAU context events (See TAU_REGISTER_CONTEXT_EVENT(3)). The user can vary the size of the callstack by setting the environment variable TAU_CALLPATH_DEPTH (default is 2). This call is useful on machines like IBM BG/L where no virtual memory (or paging using the swap space) is present. The amount of heap memory available to the program is limited by the amount of available physical memory. TAU executes a series of malloc calls with a granularity of 1MB and determines the amount of memory available for the program to grow. EXAMPLE
C/C++ : TAU_TRACK_MEMORY_HEADROOM(); Fortran : call TAU_TRACK_MEMORY_HEADROOM() SEE ALSO
TAU_TRACK_MEMORY(3), TAU_SET_INTERRUPT_INTERVAL(3), TAU_ENABLE_TRACKING_MEMORY_HEADROOM(3), TAU_DISABLE_TRACKING_MEMORY_HEADROOM(3), TAU_TRACK_MEMORY_HEADROOM_HERE(3) 08/31/2005 TAU_TRACK_MEMORY_HEA(3)