Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using sudo for specific cmds
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using sudo for specific cmds Post 302097359 by Andrek on Thursday 23rd of November 2006 05:17:55 PM
Old 11-23-2006
Just a coiple of quick questions....

Does the userid belong to the group "waswps" in /etc/group?
Does the script "stopwas" check to see if the userid is "root" before it executes the stop command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

?script/cmds 2 list open files????

I would like to have the commands or a scripts that will show me files that are not open by any process and meet a certain pattern (ie arch.log1_117512.dbf). Basically I a wanting to delete all arched redo logs that oracle has popped out execpt for the current one it is writting to. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bn80865
3 Replies

2. Solaris

What's the difference: 'nuhup cmds' Vs 'cmds &'

Hello, Case: If I want to run a script background and logout, which command should I use ? 1)# ./script_name & 2)# nohup script_name 3)# nohup script_name & And any differences ? What happens if I redirect the output to a file? I learned somewhere that the (1) format will stop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billshu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

differnce between these cmds

Hi all, I would like to know the difference between these commands /usr/lib/fs/hsfs/mount -F /dev/lofi/1 /usr and mount -F hsfs /dev/lofi/1 /usr In the first case absolute path is specified and in the next the cmd with options ,whats the differnce. PS:am sorry ,coz this had been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors while executing cmds in sun solaris

Hi All, I am using mysql at sun solaris unix(Hp) server. I logged into mysql server with root as user. its logged in properly. Then i used 'show databases' mysql command. its display all the available databases. for example mysql > show databases; It displayed as follows. exampledb1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Errors while executing mysql cmds in SUn solaris server

Hi All, I am using mysql at sun solaris unix(Hp) server. I logged into mysql server with root as user. its logged in properly. Then i used 'show databases' mysql command. its display all the available databases. for example mysql > show databases; It displayed as follows. exampledb1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running cmds from a file

I specified in my file that all cmds are bash: ------------ #!/bin/bash ls -l ------------ thats the file how would i run that one command? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cmds doesn't work in Bash shell . Plz help

Hi everyone, I have a Linux OS in my PC (older version 9). Its default shell is bash. Whenever I try to run some Perl program it throws error ! eg, if I run this simple PERL program , #!/usr/bin/perl printf "\lHello \n"; $var=3 ; printf $var; @list=(1,2,3); printf "@list";... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adc22
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allow user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file

Is there a way to allow a user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo: blocking specific commands

Hello all, I manage some HP-UX 11.31 servers. I have some users that have sudo access. All of them belong to the 'sudoers' user group. Right now, sudo is configured as wide open: %sudoers ALL=(ALL) ALL We are using sudo mostly for auditing purposes - when a user wants to run a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
9 Replies

10. AIX

Difference between lsconf & prtconf cmds on AIX

Friends, Could someone answer me on a silly question of mine: What's the difference between lsconf & prtconf commands of AIX? I find the o/p's of either of these commands to be same. Excuse me if I'm missing something, also I google-ed about it before turning down here for answer. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies
fence_cpint(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    fence_cpint(8)

NAME
fence_cpint - I/O Fencing agent for GFS on s390 and zSeries VM clusters SYNOPSIS
fence_cpint [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
fence_cpint is an I/O Fencing agent used on a virtual machine running GFS in a s390 or zSeries VM cluster. It uses the cpint package to send a CP LOGOFF command to the specified virtual machine. For fence_cpint to execute correctly, you must have the cpint module installed, and hcp in your PATH. NOTE: for fence_cpint to send a command to another virtual machine, the machine executing it must either be a privi- lege class C user or it must be the secondary user of the virtual machine to be fenced. This means that unless all of you GULM server nodes are privilege class C, fence_cpint can only be used with SLM. fence_cpint accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. fence_node sends the options through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_cpint can be run by itself with command line options which is useful for testing. Vendor URL: http://www.ibm.com OPTIONS
-h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -u userid userid of the virtual machine to fence (required). -q quiet mode, no output. -V Print out a version message, then exit. STDIN PARAMETERS
agent = < param > This option is used by fence_node(8) and is ignored by fence_cpint. userid = < parm > userid of the virtual machine to fence (required). SEE ALSO
fence(8), fence_node(8) fence_cpint(8)