Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replacing char with string
Top Forums Programming replacing char with string Post 302096888 by jim mcnamara on Monday 20th of November 2006 07:57:42 AM
Old 11-20-2006
char *a="a.s"
is constant, you cannot change it.
Code:

char dest[24]={0x0};
char src[24]={0x0};
char *p=NULL, *q=NULL;

for(p=src,q=dest; *p; p++)
{
     if(*p=='a')
     {
          strcpy(q,"ant");
          q=strchr(q,'\0');
          continue;
     }
     if(*p=='s')
     {
          strcpy(q,"sree")
          q=strchr(q,'\0');

}
     else
         *q++ = *p;

}
printf("%s\n", dest);

Last edited by reborg; 11-20-2006 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: fix typo that stopped the code tags from working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing all 4 first upper char of every rec to lowercase ?

I have a file where some records have been updated the wrong way and need to fix it quickly since the amount can be alot. Every record where any of the first 4 characters are in upper case need to be changed to lowercase. Records can have '#' in position-1 for comments. These musn't be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

last char from a string

i have a script that reads a plain text file. (its a ksh, and i can use bash also) each line of the file is a fullpath of a file. that makes the list huge. i need to add a functionalitie to that script, i have to be able to add /usr/* or /usr/ and with that reference all the files and folders... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get number char from a string

for example: i hav a string like : /rmsprd/arch01/rmsprd/rmsprdarch72736.log how I can extract my_num=72736? I know I can echo "/rmsprd/arch01/rmsprd/rmsprdarch72736.log" | tr "/" " " | awk '{ print $4 }' to get rmsprdarch72736.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing char string

I am stumped! I need to parse an input parameter to a script that has the form '-Ort'. I basically need 'O', 'r' and 't', i.e. the individual characters in the string parsed. Since there are no delimiters, I don't know how awk could do this. Can someone tell how to do this, this should be a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing one Char in a string of variable length

Hi all, I am trying to find the best way of making a change to 1 char in a string, the string can be between 1 and 14 characters. I am reading a line in from a file which contains 012341231231:2:102939283:NNN: Require :NBN: 012838238232:3:372932:NNN: Require :NNB: I need to change 1 N or a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkwilliams
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file and replacing char by position

Hi I'm looking for a way to read a text file that may contain 1000 records or more and each of these records has 460 characters. I need to read each record, and add a string of characters starting at position 256 for each record. Any suggestions using UNIX shell scripting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macastor
4 Replies

7. Programming

Cast from String to char

Hello, This is my code: i'd like to like to add getenv("MYLIB") in the first case of my buffer inside of '1' , should i do the cast ? and how please ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing char in filename scripts fails

Hi I'm trying to remove what I "think" is a bad character. How I got the bad character is when I downloaded jpgs onto my PC and then renamed the files using windows explorer. In cygwin, the files look like $ dir -l total 7840 ----------+ 1 None 3647968 Jul 21 08:41 2012-07-21\ (1).JPG... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SailingDreams
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing multiple special chars with single char

Hi I've a string . And i need to replace set of characters with a single character Means .. or . or ... and so on should be replaced with single % character Irrespective of number of dots in between the characters , those should be replaced with single % All the above strings should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with replacing a char

Hello All, I have a file as below . I want to convert the Y with numbers to H From 4, M11, P2521759, Y75,Y70,Y105,Y110,Y700,Y815,Y830,Y900,Y162,Y300, Y291,Y290,Y15,Y20, MR2716014,MR2617014, Yesterday,current 1,201012, 102032,1 11112,0 to 4, M11, P2521759,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
antinspect(6x)							XScreenSaver manual						    antinspect(6x)

NAME
antinspect - ant model inspection screenhack SYNOPSIS
antinspect [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
The antinspect code displays three ant-powered balls churning in a circle. OPTIONS
antinspect accepts the following options: -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -install Install a private colormap for the window. -shadows Draw shadows on ground -visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -fps Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver-getimage(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 by Blair Tennessy. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Blair Tennessy <tennessy@cs.ubc.ca>, 15-March-2004. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) antinspect(6x)