Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users URGENT,URGENT- Need help tape drive installation Post 302096604 by sriny on Thursday 16th of November 2006 02:39:14 PM
Old 11-16-2006
I could get this done.

Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape Drive on Unix 7.1.1

I am trying to install a tape drive on this system (Unix 7.1.1) where will I start? 1. Do I need to load the driver on the on board scsi? How? 2. Is there a driver for the tape drive itself? Things done: 1. Terminated the device on the controller board. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a4tech
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Installation procedure of tape drive in OS ver 5.6

Hi, I'm executing the command devfsadm to check the tape drive as I did to 5.9 version but it gives me this message "devfsadm: not found" Is it different command to check the tape drive in 5.6 version? Thansk in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
7 Replies

4. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
TS(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     TS(4)

NAME
ts - TS-11 magtape interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NTS ts_drives # TS11 /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments ts ? 172520 224 5 tsintr # ts11 driver major device number(s): raw: 8 block: 2 minor device encoding: bits 0003 specify TS drive bit 0004 specifies no-rewind operation bit 0010 ignored DESCRIPTION
The ts-11 combination provides a standard tape drive interface as described in mtio(4). The ts-11 operates only at 1600 bpi, and only one transport is possible per controller. FILES
/dev/MAKEDEV script to create special files /dev/MAKEDEV.local script to localize special files SEE ALSO
mt(1), tar(1), tp(1), mtio(4), ht(4), tm(4), dtab(5), autoconfig(8) DIAGNOSTICS
ts%d: no write ring. An attempt was made to write on the tape drive when no write ring was present; this message is written on the termi- nal of the user who tried to access the tape. ts%d: not online. An attempt was made to access the tape while it was offline; this message is written on the terminal of the user who tried to access the tape. ts%d: hard error bn%d xs0=%b xs1=%b xs2=%b xs3=%b. A hard error occurred on the tape at block bn; status registers 0-3 are printed in octal and symbolically decoded as bits. ts%d: addr mod 4 != 0. The address of a TS-11 command packet was not on an even longword boundary. BUGS
If any non-data error is encountered on non-raw tape, it refuses to do anything more until closed. The device lives at the same address as a tm-11 tm(4). 3rd Berkeley Distribution January 28, 1988 TS(4)