Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting list file within selected of day Post 302096435 by Andrek on Wednesday 15th of November 2006 03:47:13 PM
Old 11-15-2006
Try the "find" command it has time options....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare prev day file to current day file

Hi all: I am new to this board and UNIX programming so please forgive if I don't explain something correctly. I am trying to write a script to keep track of our links, we link one program written for Client A to Client B's directory. What we want to do is to keep track of our linked programs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Smurtzy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrieve what the currently selected item is in a dropdown select list using perl tk

I have a dropdown menu built in perl tk (I am using active state perl). I want to select a value from the dropdown menu and I want to be able to perform some other actions depending upon what value is selected. I have all the graphical part made but I dont know how to get the selected value. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to add the size of the selected list of file

i have a files in the dir as below. ls -lR ./.snapshot 5649600512 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080707 6006923264 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080708 5321129984 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080709 6686597120 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080710 7312855040 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to list current day files only

Hi All, can anyone pls share the command to list the files of current day only. i want to check if there are any files in a particular directory which are not of current date. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephroyal
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hoe to copy selected strings from file into another text file

Hi Experts, I just want to copy some selected strings from a a file into a new .txt file . I am using below command to find the data now want to copy the search results into another .txt file please help me . find /Path -exec grep -w "filename1|filename1|filename1|" '{}' \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the files of previous day

I am using KSH. d=date | nawk '{ print $2,$3-1}' ls -lrt SystemOut* | nawk '/d/{print $NF}' I am trying to list the files of previous day but it doesn't seem to be working and i am also not getting an error. result is blank.Need help. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vagar11
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find list of files modified for a given day ?

find list of files modified for a given day ? if i have 10 files in my directory, i have modified only 5 ... how to display only modified files ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: only4satish
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i get the previous/next days date of a selected day

Ok, the title is confusing i know, but it is a weird question. I have a bash script running on Centos5.8 and want to find a better way to do some date manipulation. What i am trying to do is get 3 days of files (day before, that day, and day after), concatenate the three files and pass them on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
2 Replies

10. Web Development

How to copy a selected value of list box into a text box in html form?

hi, i have a list box , a text box and a button in a html form. list box displays some values, when a user selects a value from the list box and press the button. the selected value should be copied to the text box value. can any1 give me a html and javascript code to do this facility. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies
time(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   time(1)

NAME
time - time a command SYNOPSIS
command utility [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
When a specified command or utility completes execution, prints the elapsed time during the command or utility, the time spent in the sys- tem, and the time spent executing the command or utility. Times are reported in seconds. Execution time can depend on the performance of the memory in which the program is running. The times are printed to standard error. Note that the shell also has a keyword that times an entire pipeline if used anywhere in the pipeline. This action is different than the command which times a particular command if used in a pipeline. Options recognizes the following options: command The command to be executed and timed. Writes the timing statistics to standard error. utility The name of a utility to be invoked and timed. If the utility operand names any of the shell special built-in utilities, the time results are undefined. See csh(1) and ksh(1) for information about special built-in utilities. argument Any string that is an argument to the utility. SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), timex(1), times(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
time(1)