Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Catpuring the last entry of a repetetive sequence from a file! Post 302096224 by Perderabo on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 12:31:57 PM
Old 11-14-2006
I did not understand that rambling text, but based on the title on this thread, maybe this is what you need...
Code:
$ cat file
one  something
two  something
three  something
last line
$ sed -n '/something/h;${;g;p;}'  < file
three  something
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a sequence of n lines from a file

Hi I want to be able to extract a sequence of n lines from a file. ideas, commands and suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file use another file as a sequence calling a shl

have this shl that will FTP a file from the a directory in windows to UNIX, It get the name of the file stored in this variable $UpLoadFileName then put in the local directory LocalDir="${MPATH}/xxxxx/dat_files" that part seems to be working, but then I need to take that file and rename, I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding sequence to the file

How do I add the sequence number to the file? I have a file seperated by commas. appusage,243,jsdgh,798 appusage,876,0989,900 . . appusage,82374,ajfgdh,9284 The output would be as below 1,appusage,243,jsdgh,798 2,appusage,876,0989,900 . . 100,appusage,876,0989,900 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smee
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Parsing Sequence File

Hi Everyone, I am new in the world of UNIX and Shell scripting. I am working with a sequence file that looks like this: >contig00001 length=128 numreads=2 aTGTGCTGGgTGGGTGCCTGTTgCCccATGCTCCAGTtCAGGATTtCAGGCAttCTCATG TCCAGCATTTCTATTTAATCCTGCTGCTGGACTTGGGTGGtCTCAGTCtGGGAAGTGAGC tGTCTGTG... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get string of sequence from other file

Hi guys, Does anyone know how to get a string of sequence from other file? Should I use awk? Please see below. Thanks! LIST_FILE: >NAME1 >NAME3 >NAME5 >NAME7 >NAME8 SEQ_FILE: >NAME1 LEN75 100100101001010001010 >NAME2 LEN90 111010101010101101101 >NAME3 LEN27 101000101001010010101... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narachaid
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying Missing File Sequence

Hi, I have a file which contains few columns and the first column has the file names, and I would like to identify the missing file sequence number form the file and would copy to another file. My files has data in below format. APKRISPSIN320131231201319_0983,1,54,125,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting IDs from a text file into a sequence alignment file

Hi, I have one file with one column and several hundred entries File1: NA1 NA2 NA3And now I need to run a command within a mapping aligner tool to insert these sample names into a sequence alignment file (SAM) such that they look like this @RG ID:Library1 SM:NA1 PL:Illumina ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
7 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
STOREBACKUPCHECKBACKUP(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 STOREBACKUPCHECKBACKUP(1)

NAME
storeBackupCheckBackup.pl - checks if a file in the backup is missing or corrupted SYNOPSIS
storeBackupCheckBackup.pl -c backupDir [-v level] [-p number] [-i] DESCRIPTION
This program calculates md5 sums from the files in the backup and compares them with md5 sums stored by storeBackup.pl. It so will recognize, if a file in the backup is missing or currupted. It only checks plain files, not special files or symbolic links. OPTIONS
--print print configuration parameters and stop --checkDir, -c backup or top of backups to check --backupRoot, -b root of storeBackup tree, normally not needed --verbose, -v generate statistics --parJobs, -p number of parallel jobs, default = chosen automatically -i, <--includeRenamedBackups> include renamed backups into the check renamed backups must follow the convention <backupDir>-<something> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008-2012 by Heinz-Josef Claes (see README) Published under the GNU General Public License v3 or any later version perl v5.14.2 2012-03-03 STOREBACKUPCHECKBACKUP(1)