Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX installation of many patches / bundle Post 302095634 by qfwfq on Wednesday 8th of November 2006 03:48:53 PM
Old 11-08-2006
Type swinstall

Step 1
Source Depot Type : Local Directory
Source Hostname : your machine
Source Depot Path : /tmp/patches/depot

Step 2
Mark all bundles you want to install.

Step 3
Install

Since you have created a depot, the system may reboot only once, depend what you install. Remember that if you have any kernel patches, the system will for sure reboot. If you do have some kernel patches, make a copy of your kernel first.

# cd /stand
# cp vmunix vmunix.old

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please can any one help me bundle several files into one

#!/bin/sh #call function from loop filevalidate() { case $# in 0) echo "usage enshar file1 file2 ... > outputfile ! " >/deb/sterr ;; *) for filename do if ; then echo "invalid pathname > try bin " $filename >/dev/stderr exit 1 fi if ; then echo "is a directory!"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swissnez
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with patch bundle installation on Solairs 10

:mad: :mad: Hello, Could some help me to resolve why i am geting the below errors... :( Just tried installing patch bundle on solairs 10. many patches are been failed. wen i am trying to install it manualy i am geting the below errors.. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
8 Replies

3. Solaris

smpatch and recommended bundle

Hello, I am working on patching several systems and have begun working with smpatch as a possibly quicker way to accomplish patching. I have some observations that trouble me. The "smpatch analyze" only shows a small number of patches for a system (yes the registration is complete with a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justme3
0 Replies

4. AIX

Add a bundle to a lpp_source

Hi. I forgot a bundle (X11.dt) in the lpp_source (base OS AIX 7.1). The bundle is now in the CD drive, I need to add it permanently in the lpp_source. What do I have to do ? - copy (where ?) bundle on my NIM server (how to determine what files to copy to have all elements of the bundle ?) ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stephnane
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

zip files in bundle

Hi, Below is the scneario a.txt b.txt c.txt ....... i have written a script to zip these files & the output after executing script is a.txt.zip b.txt.zip c.txt.zip but i dnt want to zip each individual files it has to done in bundle. EX:A zip folder has to be created ,lets say... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Install sequence in a bundle

Hi all. I'm wondering if there's a install sequence in a HPUX bundle? I'm trying to put many depots together into 1 single bundle, and use HPUX ignite to install this bundle. But I have to make sure one of the depot is last installed. I feel that if there're many different packages in a bundle,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baibinghere
0 Replies

7. AIX

List of Installed patches for AIX from given set of patches

I need to find out list of installed patches from given list of patches. I have tried using instfix -f <File containing list of patches> -i -c But I was not able to understand the output of this command. It was like below. bos.perf.tools: :0.0.0.0:?: bos.rte.libc: :0.0.0.0:?: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh Agrawal
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Perl module bundle.

I have a file of lot of perl modules in tar.gz format. They all have dependency on each other for installation. Can anybody guide me for making a bundle so that I can run it in one go and install all the modules. Please note that I can't use CPAN as we don't have Internet connectivity on our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

9. AIX

Create a bundle of user ids

if I want to create a bundle of user ids on some aix servers, if there is a way not need to do "passwd username" one by one user to set the password? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicates in CA bundle

I do have a big CA bundle certificate file and each time if i get request to add new certificate to the existing bundle i need to make sure it is not present already. How i can validate the duplicates. The alignment of the certificate within the bundle seems to be different. Example: Cert 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
7 Replies
SPECTOOL(1)							   User Commands						       SPECTOOL(1)

NAME
spectool - manual page for spectool v1.0.10rpmdev1 SYNOPSIS
spectool [<options>] <specfile> DESCRIPTION
Spectool is a tool to expand and download sources and patches from specfiles. If you experience problems with specific specfiles, try to run rpmbuild --nobuild --nodeps <specfile> on the file which might give a clue why spectool fails on a file (ignore anything about missing sources or patches). The plan is to catch errors like this in spectool itself and warn the user about it in the future. OPTIONS
Operating mode: -l, --lf, --list-files lists the expanded sources/patches (default) -g, --gf, --get-files gets the sources/patches that are listed with a URL -h, --help display this help screen Files on which to operate: -A, --all all files, sources and patches (default) -S, --sources all sources -P, --patches all patches -s, --source x[,y[,...]] specified sources -p, --patch a[,b[,...]] specified patches Miscellaneous: -d, --define 'macro value' defines RPM macro 'macro' to be 'value' -C, --directory dir download into specified directory (default '.') -R, --sourcedir download into rpm's %{_sourcedir} -n, --dryrun, --dry-run don't download anything, just show what would be done -f, --force try to unlink and download if target files exist -D, --debug output debug info, don't clean up when done FILES
/etc/rpmdevtools/curlrc optional curl(1) configuration spectool v1.0.10rpmdev1 June 2014 SPECTOOL(1)