Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: panic message
Operating Systems Solaris panic message Post 302095554 by ajay234 on Wednesday 8th of November 2006 05:02:17 AM
Old 11-08-2006
panic message

When ever i change my hard disk position from primary master to secondary slave, the solaris os gives a panic messge. how could i solve it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic

Hi All, When I came officce this morning I saw this error messages on the screen ----- PANIC:srmountfun - Error 6 mounting rootdev hd (1/42) Cannot dump 32639 pages to dumpdev hd (1/41) : space for only 0 pages Dump not completed -------- and machine was reboot mode. Why this problem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisev
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic message with mount.

Hallo together, I have a litle problem with some of my external devices. If I type mount there are some "panic" massages. Is this a real mistake or is this a normal behavior of a Solaris 8 system ? /export/jumpstart on /dev/dsk/c5t4d0s7 read/write/setuid/intr/largefiles/onerror... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Panic in SCO 5.0

It happened twice this day. Suddenly SCO server display next message: PANIC ktrap -kernel mode trap type 0X000000E cannot dump 262045 pages to dump dev hd(1/41) space for only 131072 pages Dump not completed Then, server just wait to turn it off. Why is it happening? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xto_r
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reboot after Panic

I've got htis message on our sun U60 machine: "Reboot after panic:errID 0x000004eff........." ,this message have been issued on the /var/adm/messages file & cause system rebooting randomly. Any comment. Thanks, --Nikk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

5. SCO

Panic :

Hi Friends , i am getting the following error when iam booting a sco unix system. ------------------ H init PANIC : srmountfun --Error 22 mounting rootdev hd(1/42) cannot dump 40863 pages to dempdev hd(1/41) : space for only 0 pages. Dump not completed. Safe to power off.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

7. Solaris

CPU Panic.

Hi Guru's, My Sun Fire v490 PRODUCTION server(Sol 5.9) has rebooted twice - on Apr'30 & May'08 2009. And i found the following Error messages in /var/adm/messages file: Apr 30 11:36:42 mumux201 unix: Apr 30 11:36:42 mumux201 ^Mpanic/thread=2a1000c5d20: Apr 30 11:36:42 mumux201 unix: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

server panic

Hi, one of our linux server got panic with the following messages Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006 kernel: ------------------------ Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006 kernel: kernel BUG at kernel/exit.c:904! Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006 kernel: invalid operand: 0000 Jun 2 17:09:57 inchesfttu006... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
1 Replies

9. Solaris

"PANIC CPU" ERROR MESSAGE

A server that I am working on (SUN FIRE V240 , SOLARIS 10) doesn't boot because of a corrupted files system. I tried to repair de file system, I also tried to to restore all the files systems with a backup of the server that I have but the message bellow appear panic/thread=30002fc2060:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
8 Replies

10. AIX

Crash dump and Panic message : RSCT Dead Man Switch Timeout for HACMP; halting non-responsive node

Dear all i have two aix system -Model : P770 -OS version: AIX 6.1 -patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 -ha version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 -host : A, B last Wednesday, my B system suddenly went down with crash dump. after 1 minute, A system went down with crash dump. I checked the dump of A-system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)