Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Variable gets lost
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Variable gets lost Post 302095367 by esh.mohan on Monday 6th of November 2006 01:18:17 PM
Old 11-06-2006
Power Variable gets lost

Hi

Please help!

Am using unix AIX...

The variable i use in the beggining of the shell script gets lost after i call the sqlldr and sql plus...no changes being done anywhere else...

Thanks...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lost again

will this script work? I want to use it in unix. clear ans='y' While test $ans='y' do notfound() { echo $response " is not logged in" } found() { echo $response "is logged into " $name } name=`ps -eaf | grep "\<$response\>" | cut -b 80-85` if ; then name=`rsh server2 ps -eaf... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: azman
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

So lost

I have been reading up on starting a website, but i am still lost. I am in much need of assistance. Kind of a step by step because i still don't know where to start. please help. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweetie020602
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm so lost...

Fair warning... I know nothing of Unix. That's why I joined this forum and I need your feedback desperatly. Here is the situation... I built an app using ASP and Northcode's SWF Studio v3 for a cd launcher tool for a client that develops software. They like the app and it works well on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daJabberwocky
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am so lost...

I have been using linux now for about 6 months. I like it although it was quite a learning process. Pretty simple for the most part. Here is my prob... The first time I installed linux on my computer it went in just fine, no problems. It did eventually crash though and I had to re-install it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Treb
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lost my Way

I want to execute my own utilities from my bin folder without having to specify paths at run time - i.e. just enter name on command line - to do this my search path needs to be set up at login time - when I do this the path is not getting set right apparently(?) - PATH echos OK but the search... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert stansel
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am so lost !!!

I am taking an online Linux class, which is mandatory for me to graduate. Unfortunately I got the worst online teacher ever, he never respond to any e-mails. I have no idea what going on in this class so I am turning to you guys. Here is the questions for the week, Ok I don't expect anybody to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thunderbunny
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and ksh: variable lost in loop in bash?

Hi, I use AIX (ksh) and Linux (bash) servers. I'm trying to do scripts to will run in both ksh and bash, and most of the time it works. But this time I don't get it in bash (I'm more familar in ksh). The goal of my script if to read a "config file" (like "ini" file), and make various report.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estienne
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable lost outside a loop

Hello everybody, I have a database backup code, using mysqldump, and I would like to ignore some tables, after getting the variable echo outside the loop, I ve got the last, the first one was overridden: ignoreTables=('visitors_15012016 visitors_Original') for line in $ignoreTables do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu Rayane
4 Replies
aa_recommendhikbd(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      aa_recommendhikbd(3)

NAME
aa_recommendhikbd - insert the given driver on beggining of the list of recommended keyboard drivers. SYNOPSIS
#include <aalib.h> void aa_recommendhikbd(const char *name); PARAMETERS
const char *name Name of the driver (ought to match the "shortname" field of the driver definition structure). DESCRIPTION
Insert the given driver on beggining of the list of recommended keyboard drivers. SEE ALSO
save_d(3), mem_d(3), aa_help(3), aa_formats(3), aa_fonts(3), aa_dithernames(3), aa_drivers(3), aa_kbddrivers(3), aa_mousedrivers(3), aa_kbdrecommended(3), aa_mouserecommended(3), aa_displayrecommended(3), aa_defparams(3), aa_defrenderparams(3), aa_scrwidth(3), aa_scrheight(3), aa_mmwidth(3), aa_mmheight(3), aa_imgwidth(3), aa_imgheight(3), aa_image(3), aa_text(3), aa_attrs(3), aa_currentfont(3), aa_autoinit(3), aa_autoinitkbd(3), aa_autoinitmouse(3), aa_recommendhi(3), aa_recommendlow(3), aa_init(3), aa_initkbd(3), aa_initmouse(3), aa_close(3), aa_uninitkbd(3), aa_uninitmouse(3), aa_fastrender(3), aa_render(3), aa_puts(3), aa_printf(3), aa_gotoxy(3), aa_hidecursor(3), aa_showcursor(3), aa_getmouse(3), aa_hidemouse(3), aa_showmouse(3), aa_registerfont(3), aa_setsupported(3), aa_setfont(3), aa_getevent(3), aa_getkey(3), aa_resize(3), aa_resizehandler(3), aa_parseoptions(3), aa_edit(3), aa_createedit(3), aa_editkey(3), aa_putpixel(3), aa_recom- mendlowkbd(3), aa_recommendhimouse(3), aa_recommendlowmouse(3), aa_recommendhidisplay(3), aa_recommendlowdisplay(3) c2man aalib.h 8 September 1999 aa_recommendhikbd(3)