Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users displaying error while automating ftp Post 302094698 by bishweshwar on Tuesday 31st of October 2006 05:34:20 AM
Old 10-31-2006
displaying error while automating ftp

#!/bin/sh

HOST=HOST_IP
USER=$USER
PASSWD=$PASSWD
FILE="*.htm"

ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT

quote USER $USER
quote PASS $PASSWD
get $FILE
quit
END_SCRIPT
exit 0

Is there any way to display appropriate error message if the file is not found on the server......

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating telnet and ftp

Hi, I want to automate FTP. I have a fair idea that this can be done using expect scripting. But I dont how to do it. Please, can anyone give me an example of how to do it in Unix. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating ftp without .netrc

I'm writing a script which needs to run under an 'automation' account and there is already a .netrc machine definition for the server I need to connect to. If I create a new machine entry in the .netrc with a different account this will, of course, be ignored and the ftp session will connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Error 553 I/O error.

Hi All, I have a problem when uploading txt file from windows to Unix server. I got 533 I/O error. I am using .bat file and it works for other batches but with this particular batch it doesn't work. thanks guys for helping in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfaqih
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating ftp job using implicit ssl?

Can this be done? Or do you need some other program installed on the AIX box? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
6 Replies

5. Ubuntu

error in displaying filesystem %

Hi, The below command is expected to display the filesystem along with the used % and available % in each of the filesystem in the linux box. df -k / | grep -v 'capacity' | gawk '{ print $5 }' But instead of displaying the actual used %, it is showing as 'Use%'. Could anyone please let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating the FTP get

Hi , I want to pull files from ftp monthly once . The files in ftp has a something like 292_fileto_pull and next month it will be 293_fileto_pull for each month the number keeps increasing. i thought in my script if i can use date and increment the number by it mget *_292_fileto_pull i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Null values in Columns and fail execution by displaying error message

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. I have a requirement as part of my job to find out null/empty values in column 2 and column 3 from a CSV file and exit the further execution of script by displaying a simple error message. I have developed a script to do this by reading various articles... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls command in a for loop displaying error

I have a few files inside a directory and in my code i am listing the files to get the filenames and do further operations.Details are given below: Dirname is taken as argument in $3 and filenames in variable $file Directory name =$3= /tmp/to-be_parsed/input Filename= $file=... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jag02
8 Replies
SLAPD-PASSWD(5) 						File Formats Manual						   SLAPD-PASSWD(5)

NAME
slapd-passwd - /etc/passwd backend to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The PASSWD backend to slapd(8) serves up the user account information listed in the system passwd(5) file. This backend is provided for demonstration purposes only. The DN of each entry is "uid=<username>,<suffix>". Note that non-base searches scan the the entire passwd file, and are best suited for hosts with small passwd files. CONFIGURATION
This slapd.conf option applies to the PASSWD backend database. That is, it must follow a "database passwd" line and come before any subse- quent "backend" or "database" lines. Other database options are described in the slapd.conf(5) manual page. file <filename> Specifies an alternate passwd file to use. The default is /etc/passwd. ACCESS CONTROL
The passwd backend does not honor any of the access control semantics described in slapd.access(5). Only read (=r) access to the entry pseudo-attribute and to the other attribute values of the entries returned by the search operation is honored, which is performed by the frontend. FILES
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file /etc/passwd user account information SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd(8), passwd(5). OpenLDAP 2012/04/23 SLAPD-PASSWD(5)