Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Site/Info for Linux Users Post 302094474 by Corona688 on Saturday 28th of October 2006 01:21:02 AM
Old 10-28-2006
Wow.

Least perceptive review ever, eh!? Smilie I quit when I saw 'flash 8'.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft Is Using Linux To Protect Its Own Web Site

Here is a great news story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=74&e=9&u=/cmp/13100775 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

2. Linux

Linux process info

Hello, I had a back job scheduled to run at 2 am in the morning in my crontab. I found out that the job did not initiate and there were no logs dumped as to the reason for the failure to initiate. I found the process had started but failed to trigger the job and it had actually hung because it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nayeemmz
2 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Original (Archive) Site for Linux Benchmarks

FYI: Here is the archive site for the original Linux benchmarks (1994 - 1996) http://linux.silkroad.com/ Neo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

4. AIX

Finding a specific UID on a site with hundreads of users.

Hello, I am not the AIX guru.. This might seem simple for a lot but I am not sure where to start.. So here is my question: I have a unix account on a remote site. My UID is 999999. Now I need to create my account at my main site, with the same UID. So i have to make sure the UID 999999 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxalarie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

documentation for beginners setup virtual site, users, mailaccounts on raq 550

Greetings to all reading this, I am a Linux/Unix newbie webmaster with a dedicated server, a RaQ 550. I am looking for some step by step documentation about managing a server with shell (not the GUI), from adding a virtual site to adding users, email accounts etc. I can find only parts of this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolandk
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display info about users (UID GID processes terminal)

I would like to get an opinion for my solution for this task and get feedback about better approach or mistakes I have made. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script which prints information about users whose names are specified in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornfan
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
MOUNT_CHFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     MOUNT_CHFS(8)

NAME
mount_chfs -- mount a CHFS flash file system SYNOPSIS
mount_chfs DESCRIPTION
Mounts a flash file system from a flash(4) device. CHFS file systems can be only mounted from flash devices. For regular block devices like SSD drives or USB drives, please use a regular file system. The file system will be created during the first mount. CHFS stands for Chip File System. EXAMPLES
mount_chfs /dev/flash0 /mnt SEE ALSO
flash(4), fstab(5), mount(8), flash(9) HISTORY
CHFS was originally called ChewieFS during development. The name was changed to avoid legal issues and to have a more neutral name. AUTHORS
CHFS was developed at the Department of Software Engineering, University of Szeged, Hungary. BUGS
CHFS has a few known bugs as of 2011. Writing the FS full can cause problems. Truncating a file and growing it again can cause the new bytes not having all zeroes, but filled with the old content instead. BSD
November 29, 2011 BSD