Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VxVM softpartitions
Operating Systems Solaris VxVM softpartitions Post 302094391 by pressy on Friday 27th of October 2006 09:28:30 AM
Old 10-27-2006
thanks for you answere RTM, but that's the command to create a RAID 5 volume inside a disk group with different options...
i want to use a volume in a disk group and split that volume for several file systems... so i don't have to make several volumes inside the disk group with the same disks...
if i would have 5 x 100g disks, i could get a RAID 5 with 400g and that volume should be split to a 80g filesystem and a 320g filesystem. both filesystems on the same volume/RAID...

gP

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VxVM

All solaris rescue gurus out there .... I've a Solaris 2.6 E450 on which my sysadmin guy has deleted every file (not sub-directories) from the /etc directory. The machine is (was) running Vxvm with the root volume encapsulated. I've tried booting from CDROM, mounting the root volume... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy11983
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vmstat -d with VxVM

I've got a Linux box that I'm pretty sure is having some disk issues. iostat isn't installed, but vmstat is, so i've been trying to use that to do some initial diagnostics while I go through our company's change control process to get iostat installed. The problem I'm having is that the disks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
4 Replies

3. Solaris

VxVM..anything to worry about in here..

DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 sliced rootdisk rootdg online c1t1d0s2 sliced disk01 rootdg online c2t0d0s2 sliced actsvr101 actsvr1dg online c2t2d0s2 sliced actsvr102 actsvr1dg online c2t3d0s2 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
13 Replies

4. Solaris

VxVM on Solaris.

Hi, Quick question if anyone knows this. Is there a command I can use in Veritas Volume manager on Solaris that will tell me what the name of the SAN I am connected to? We have a number of SANs so I am unsure which one my servers are connected to. Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
13 Replies

5. Solaris

Reg. VXVM

Hi Guys, I have a doubt either to Reboot the server after Replacing the disk0. I have two disks under vxvm root mirrored and i had a problem with primary disk so i replace the disk0 failed primary disk and then mirrored. After mirroring is it reboot required ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
7 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VxVM and MPxIO

:confused: Last week I read that VxVM won't work with MPxIO (i don't recall the link) and that it should be unconfigured when installing VxVM. Today I read that VxVM works in "pass-thru" mode with MPxIO and DMP uses the devices presented by MPxIO. If I create disks with MPxIO and use VxVM to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

7. Solaris

No of volumes in vxvm

Anyone knows that how many volumes can be created in a Diskgroup? Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
1 Replies

8. Solaris

vxvm

hi all, how can we check whether vxvm is installed in our system or not in solaris? Thanks in advance dinu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
4 Replies

9. AIX

VXVM in POWERHA 6.1

I have created a VxVM disk group in AIX7.1. I have tried to added this VxVM disk group in powerHA 6.1. But in cluster VxVM DGs are not listing. Is there any other procedure to add vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. Please share me steps for adding vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
6 Replies
pvremove(1M)															      pvremove(1M)

NAME
pvremove - remove LVM data structure from a physical volume SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command clears the LVM data structure on a disk, so that it is no longer an LVM physical volume. The device may then be used by the file system or by other volume managers. The operation is denied if pv_path is assigned to a volume group. The command only clears the LVM data structure on a disk if the disk does not belong to a volume group. This avoids accidentally removing a valid physical volume under a volume group. If the physical volume to be removed belongs to a volume group, use the command to first remove the volume group associated with the physical volume. Arguments recognizes the following arguments: pv_path The character (raw) device path name of a physical volume. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Remove LVM data structure on the physical volume SEE ALSO
lvremove(1M), vgremove(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). pvremove(1M)