Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Max LUN reached ? (Securepath) Post 302093872 by unclefab on Tuesday 24th of October 2006 02:51:44 AM
Old 10-24-2006
Max LUN reached ? (Securepath)

Hi all,

I can not present a new Lun with my EVA 5000 storage and Securepath ...

I have already 16 Lun's presented to the same server (Solaris 8), but can not add the 17th :-(

Do you know if we have a limitation with Solaris or Securepath ? (Config file to update, software limits ...)

Thanks a lot,

Fabien

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grab the value of field before the line reached

Hi. I have a qury whihc I hope someone could clarify. I have a file:- Num Measure 108 0.05 12 0.45 13 0.2 19 0.5 I wanted to grep the value of 19 from Column Num which will then take the minimum value of measure (not including 19's measure value).... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

2. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AT can't be created for you. Max size of the queue is reached..

I have a listener (a batch job written in shell script) that calls a perl file (say apple.pl). The listener runs at scheduled timing (say 11 pm to 6 am)&. Owner of the listener is a common id. My question is.. Once the listener starts running (here, Im NOT attempting to generate any reports... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vavjeeva
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Apache - max clients reached issue

Hi, I have a web application (using apache) and for the past 2 months I am getting the below error in my production environment. I want to re-produce the same issue in my non-production environment, could you please let me what all are the parameters I have to modify in order to do that. Also I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: senor.ram
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stunnell log file has reached its limit

Please help! I am really new to Linux, and my colleague who usually deals with these things isnt here to help me out. We are running Scalix mail services on CentOS 6.0. Email users with IMAP folders are getting an error message stating the server cannot be reached, however POP3 mail users are... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckyboo
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NTP server can not be reached

hello Guys, I have an NTP problem on my SUN N240 server. External NTP server is being used for this box and when i run 'ntpq -p' i get connection refused message; Code: ntpq -p ntpq: read: Connection refused Here this is the ntp.conf file: Code: cat /etc/ntp.conf # BEGIN NTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put the appropriate value if reached the condition

i have a file as below: ? ? ? ? 20060101 DHR ? ? ? ? 20060101 1316 30.90 KOM ? ? ? ? 20060101 1317 7.20 DHR ? ? ? Pg ? 20060101 1316 27.32 DHR ? ? ? Sg ? 20060101 1316 30.52 ? ? ? ? 20060101 MRD ? ? ? ? 20060101 1355 46.12 SHB ? ? ? ? 20060101 1355 40.90 HSH ? ? ? Pn ?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oreka18
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to confirm that I've reached the nproc limit?

Hi, I am getting the error su: cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable. In limits.conf, it shows soft nproc 2047 for this user. ps H -u | wc -l shows 508 processes only. Linux flavour is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.10 (Tikanga) Any advice will be much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines until known character reached

Hello all, Hopefully this should be an easy one for you. I have a file that contains a list of parameters and their values. Some of these values are 2D arrays split over several lines, I need to move these so the parameter name and it's full value is all on one line. The parameters are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobynP
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)