Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Raid With Suse Linux
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Raid With Suse Linux Post 302093660 by Vaughan on Saturday 21st of October 2006 09:35:39 PM
Old 10-21-2006
Question Raid With Suse Linux

Hello i have a linux suse server and im having problems installing a highpoint rocket raid 2220 driver.

The raid card is a pci card made buy highpoint tech on there web site they have the linux suse server driver i now have that driver on the desktop but dont know how to install it.

The lunix system is seeing the 8 port raid card , but i think it has the wrong driver, coz the raid set (raid 5) does not show up and a drive on desk top.

went the linux becouse windows xp pro does not alow volumes over 2 tb

this raid 5 set is 2.8tb

any halp would be grate.

Vaughan

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IDE controlled / RAID card issue Suse 9.2

I just built a new box to run Suse, and I guess I shoud have spent more time researching the HCL. Anyway, the Promise RAID card I have will not work, and I am unable to install the OS. The only other IDE devide in the box is a DVDOM. I can only think of 2 options, but would appreciate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAID Problem on SUSE 11.0

I setup a RAID 5 with 5 drives, one failed, hardware failure so I physically removed it from the raid after powering the machine off then powered it back on and my raid was still good but no 5th drive. I built a 5th drive from scratch and added it in the raid thinking the raid would go into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacakid
0 Replies

3. Linux

RAID on Linux

Dear All, I have a linux Server having a single disk /dev/sda and two partitions /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2. Up on which a Logical Volume is created for root partition. Now the task is I need to implement RAID on this machine , namely RAID 1. Kindly clarify whether i can directly go and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
5 Replies
OPENSC-TOOL(1)							   OpenSC Tools 						    OPENSC-TOOL(1)

NAME
opensc-tool - generic smart card utility SYNOPSIS
opensc-tool [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The opensc-tool utility can be used from the command line to perform miscellaneous smart card operations such as getting the card ATR or sending arbitrary APDU commands to a card. OPTIONS
--atr, -a Print the Answer To Reset (ATR) of the card. Output is in hex byte format --card-driver driver, -c driver Use the given card driver. The default is auto-detected. --info, -i Print information about OpenSC, such as version and enabled components. --list-drivers, -D List all installed card drivers. --list-files, -f Recursively list all files stored on card. --list-readers, -l List all configured readers. --name, -n Print the name of the inserted card (driver). --reader num, -r num Use the given reader number. The default is 0, the first reader in the system. --send-apdu apdu, -s apdu Sends an arbitrary APDU to the card in the format AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF.... --serial Print the card serial number (normally the ICCSN). Output is in hex byte format --verbose, -v Causes opensc-tool to be more verbose. Specify this flag several times to enable debug output in the opensc library. --wait, -w Wait for a card to be inserted. SEE ALSO
opensc-explorer(1) opensc 06/17/2014 OPENSC-TOOL(1)