Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gcc question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting gcc question Post 302093077 by Hitori on Tuesday 17th of October 2006 08:26:40 AM
Old 10-17-2006
Do not see any problem:

# gcc test.c -o test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man gcc

Hi all, How can I get man page to recognize gcc when i need to look up gcc options? I tried "man gcc" but got a response "no manual entry for gcc". Thanks a bunch, Rachael (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler / gcc

:confused: I have a question concerning gcc. I´d like to install the gcc on my Mac OS X, but when I try to run the configure command I get the following message: floriant% ./configure ./configure: read-only variable: PWD Configuring for a powerpc-apple-darwin5.4 host. *** This configuration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: florian.turck
2 Replies

3. Programming

Installing gcc

Hi all I'm trying to install the latest version of gcc but I keep getting this message on make; gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I. -I. -I./../zlib -I./../include -W -Wall -pedantic -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -g -O2 -c jartool.c jartool.c:234: getopt.h: No... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squeakywheel
3 Replies

4. Programming

Gcc

Dear all, Any body please guide, i require a C which will run in Linux environment. Its urgent please. warm regards, Senthil K (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Senthil
1 Replies

5. Programming

gcc *.c -lcurses

Can someone tell me what does -|curses do here when the C program got compiled? gcc *.c -lcurses Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

6. Programming

a very basic question regarding gcc...

hi, as the topic says.. i`m a newbie to the unix platform.. plz help me out here. i create a .c file using "vi prog.c" then write the code in it... then save n exit.. wat happend after tht.. ?? how do i compile n check the program???? i`ve been thru the manual pages of gcc but i cudn`t get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caltiger
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

8. Solaris

gcc & linker question (Solaris 10)

Hi, I'm confused about the GCC & Linking process could somebody please briefly explain? I have GCC 3.4.6 installed from SunFreeware. Reading the narrative alongside the package states "It was compiled to use the SUN assembler and loader usually in /usr/ccs/bin if the SUNW developer packages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Celtic_Monkey
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gcc and g++

Hi, I have recently got a job in unix, now training is going on and we have been practicing on telnet, so to practice at home I have installed vmware(virtual machine) and planning to download ubuntu. So my doubt is that whether I can write c and cpp progs in vi editor and can I run them by default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal.973s
5 Replies

10. Programming

A question regarding the gcc compiler ...

It might be a simple one but I have this question bothering me for sometime. When we do a symbol search inside the library directory (i.e. /usr/lib/*) via tools like nm; it takes a while to give us the results. However, its very quick when gcc is invoked to compile a program with the very same... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
11 Replies
pset_assign_cpu(1)					      General Commands Manual						pset_assign_cpu(1)

NAME
pset_assign_cpu - Assigns a processor to a processor set SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/pset_assign_cpu pset_id processor [processor...] /usr/sbin/pset_assign_cpu -a pset_id number OPTIONS
Adds the specified number of processors (number) to the specified processor set (pset_id) from the default processor set. DESCRIPTION
The pset_assign_cpu command assigns one or more processors to an existing processor set. The pset_id variable is a unique integer that identifies the processor set and is returned by the pset_create command. The processor variable is a unique integer that identifies the processor. Each processor that is assigned to an existing processor set is removed from its current processor set. The boot processor cannot be assigned. Processor assignments are logged in the /var/adm/wtmp file. FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_destroy(1), pset_create(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_info(1) Files: processor_sets(4) pset_assign_cpu(1)