Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding Unix on my Windows based computer Post 302092887 by Rev. Enant on Thursday 12th of October 2006 11:41:17 PM
Old 10-13-2006
Hammer & Screwdriver Found Answers to My Previous Questions...

No need to reply... Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What can I do,if I want windows me and unix stay in the same computer?

My computer's operating system is windows me,now.I want install unix in it while I don't want to kill the windows me.So could u tell me what to do?I'd like you give me detailed information about it.Thank u. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: David
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Can see my linux box from unix but from windows based

I have a company lan, we have workstations and we have servers. I have 3 unix servers, and 2 linux servers. I can ping one of the linux servers from windows, but the other one gets no reply, However, from my unix boxes i can telnet AND ping both linux boxes. The 2 linux boxes are on different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a Unix Server to a Windows 2000 Network

Hi everyone Firstly I apologise for my total lack of knowledge about UNIX. Its unfortunately something I have never had any exposure to (Until Now). I administer a smallish Windows 2000 network with all the usual bits and pieces that involves, and have been given the task of joining a Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maestro
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX on windows based computer.

Hello, We would like to perform tests on a product that my company created lately. We don't have the right hardware for AIX enviornment I've read the thred "Unix environments for MS Windows", but didn't see there a possibility to install AIX OS on a special compatible hardware. We've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshkA
6 Replies

5. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New computer for Unix-based OS's -- need help deciding

Hello. I'm in the market for a new computer (a laptop, for certain), and I was considering buying a high-end PC (I have a black MacBook right now). I've been wanting to experiment with Unix-based OS's (for developing mainly -- I'm a developer/programmer -- but for other purposes as well). I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tron55555
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX based / like OS suggestions to dual boot with Windows

Hello everybody! I'm a long-time windows user with some very limited experience with some Linux distributions. I'm a programmer (in training), but I've worked mostly with .NET stuff. I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and was issued a MacBook Pro to work on. I have fallen in love with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: egill
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access UNIX server based on windows

I want to look up log files on the unix server. My machine is windows 7 pro. I can view them from windows explorer but it is slow because huge amount logs files there. Is there a way or tools to quickly access it? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
7 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows

The company I am with is using Oracle Supply Chain Planing 8.12.1 with JDE 8.12. This is a Unix based system running on Windows Servers using Hummingbird Exceed Version 14 for interactive processing We are currently attempting to automate the Advance Planning Agent flows on a couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfaloney
2 Replies
Perl::OSType(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Perl::OSType(3perl)

NAME
Perl::OSType - Map Perl operating system names to generic types VERSION
version 1.002 SYNOPSIS
use Perl::OSType ':all'; $current_type = os_type(); $other_type = os_type('dragonfly'); # gives 'Unix' DESCRIPTION
Modules that provide OS-specific behaviors often need to know if the current operating system matches a more generic type of operating systems. For example, 'linux' is a type of 'Unix' operating system and so is 'freebsd'. This module provides a mapping between an operating system name as given by $^O and a more generic type. The initial version is based on the OS type mappings provided in Module::Build and ExtUtils::CBuilder. (Thus, Microsoft operating systems are given the type 'Windows' rather than 'Win32'.) USAGE
No functions are exported by default. The export tag ":all" will export all functions listed below. os_type() $os_type = os_type(); $os_type = os_type('MSWin32'); Returns a single, generic OS type for a given operating system name. With no arguments, returns the OS type for the current value of $^O. If the operating system is not recognized, the function will return the empty string. is_os_type() $is_windows = is_os_type('Windows'); $is_unix = is_os_type('Unix', 'dragonfly'); Given an OS type and OS name, returns true or false if the OS name is of the given type. As with "os_type", it will use the current operating system as a default if no OS name is provided. SEE ALSO
o Devel::CheckOS AUTHOR
David Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by David Golden. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-19 Perl::OSType(3perl)