Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to delete a weird file name Post 302091971 by Yogesh Sawant on Friday 6th of October 2006 01:39:13 AM
Old 10-06-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZOR
Hi,
How do I delete a file name that starts with a hypen?
e.g. -unix_file_2006_10_3
I always get an erroe when I use rm command. I am using Solaris.
Thanks,
have you tried:
rm "-unix_file_2006_10_3"

if that does not work, try:
rm \-unix_file_2006_10_3

if you still get the error, post the error here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird File

$ls -lrt -rw-r--r-- 1 rathodr users 1757 Jan 6 13:36 cleanup.archive.files.pl -rwxr-xr-x 1 rathodr users 20503 Jan 6 13:52 alarm.control.pl -rw-r--r-- 1 rathodr users 20503 Jan 9 04:52q The last file seems to be a weird file. I am not sure how was it created. Maybe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird Ascii characters in file names

Hi. I have files in my OS that has weird file names with not-conventional ascii characters. I would like to run them but I can't refer them. I know the ascii # of the problematic characters. I can't change their name since it belongs to a 3rd party program... but I want to run it. is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
2 Replies

3. Linux

Help! How to delete weird files ??

Guys, I have two files in a directory with weird permissions, size, owner, date etc... the problem is I canīt delete them! I tried to chmod the files and everything, but nothing seems to work. Anyone got any ideas ??? Look: # ls -l total 1327968579 ?--------- 48 1645863428 2150720025... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfs
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File with a weird name 'q'

All, I have the following listing of files $ ls -lrt -rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 group1 335691 Aug 4 17:45 script1.sh -rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 group1 648 Aug 4 17:45 try,csv -rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 group1 1381275 Aug 4 17:45 test.txt -rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 group1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
7 Replies

5. AIX

weird file list problem

When I do a file list in my spooler directory, I get the following information #ls -l |pg -rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 ugroups 831690 Apr 03 12:52 K6A80403125051.prn :res 2330479869879093344 ext 2330477052380546512 align -rw-rw-rw- 1 user1 ugroups 5900 Apr 03 14:19 K6A80403141858.idx :res... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmmora
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Really weird delete problem

Hi, I've Ubuntu 8.04, and it has some files that I just cannot delete. I've tried everything, inode, fsck etc. Here is what the ls -li outputs root@ubuntu:/home/luser/.local/share/Trash/files/junk# ls -l ls: cannot access TRUNK_: No such file or directory ls: cannot access 2006_output.mv:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird working of File Watcher job

I have JIL script like the one below insert_job:F_SAMPLE job_type:f machine:PC001 owner:asla@PC001 watch_file:/home/shah/one/sample.trg watch_interval:90 alarm_if_fail:1Here my question is, there is a directory one under that file needs to be watched sample.trg..! but directory one owned... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird Error moving a file

Hi, We are running into very weird error on AIX. Target directory exists on NFS. We have one script runs every 5 mins on our system. This script is running for 5 years for now without any issuess. Followig is the snapshot of the script : stmt_cnt=$(ls -1 ${1}/${2}|wc -l) if ;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: himihir2000
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Weird files to delete

Hi, I created some files with a script and I don't know yet where I did a mistake but the script created some "weird" files... prd01,/tmp # ls -al total 706184 -rw-r----- 1 root system 34 Aug 27 16:10 hdisk3BB hdisk3 hdisk3BB.tmp drwxrwxrwt 51 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird Error (: No such file or directory)

Hi Everyone, I am trying to make this script to use, to find out the DAHDI channel status. Every thing works fine, I even get proper results, however I have this weird error that comes along. Can someone please help me. Thanks a lot. #!/bin/bash # Color to set the test to when a channel is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeetz
3 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)