Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun machine boot up
Operating Systems Solaris Sun machine boot up Post 302091514 by hshapiro on Tuesday 3rd of October 2006 12:25:26 PM
Old 10-03-2006
If you have a Sun keyboard available, hit the STOP key and A at the same time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Machine Rebooted

Hi , My Sun Machine Rebooted by itself 2 days back . Its running fine now , But i wanted to find out wat caused it to reboot... This is wat the var/adm/messages show . Kern.notice:- System booting after fatal error FATAL... Wat causes this message ... And wat tasks should i do to ensure it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Triple Boot Machine

I'm in a predicament right now! I have RedHat 7.2 ,Debian 2.2r5 ,and Windows ME. I am currently in a Sun Solaris 8 class and will soon acquire a copy of Solaris 8. I would like to start a small home network ,but 4 pc's for the house would be a little too expensive for me right now. What I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilal_aa
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot boot machine

I have a sun v240 running solaris 9. I recently changed the ip via the ifconfig command but made a mistake when running the command: ifconfig bge0 (ip address) netmask (ip address) when i meant to do: ifconfig bge0 (ip address) netmask ffff0000 broadcast (ip address) Now when I boot the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Installation os on sun machine

I had one sun ultra enterprise1 cpu. it's not giving any disply,which operating system it's support. How can install os on this CPU. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Machine Crashed

During system startup the following warnings are appear. Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Connected command timeout for target 9.0 Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Target 9 reducing sync, transfer rate Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tabreaz
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to configure IP in SUN Machine

Hi Experts, I am new for solaris, i am using Solaris10,can you anyone assist me how to configure IP in my machine. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

I want to get machine boot up time

I use the uptime command,but it only show how long system has been up up 18 days but I want the this format machine boot time YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss does any command can get that or how to i use program to do this (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Start JBoss automatically when boot my linux machine.

I have created a script file named 'start-jboss' ------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # For starting Jboss JAVA_HOME=/home/argole/jdk/jdk1.6.0_10 export JAVA_HOME cd /home/argole/server/jboss-4.2.0.GA/bin echo "Starting JBOSS server" nohup ./run.sh -c... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiraz
25 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun is not able to ssh another machine of sun

My one Sun machine is not able to ssh another machine of Sun. Although I have configured the ssh successfully ( SunOS sunbox2 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 ) ERROR bash-2.05# ssh sunbox2 /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 34: Bad configuration option: PermitRootLogin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CentOS machine does not boot!

Hello, one of my machine ,does not boot! check the pic and kindly help! Thx in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
0 Replies
usbkbm(7M)																usbkbm(7M)

NAME
usbkbm - keyboard STREAMS module for Sun USB Keyboard SYNOPSIS
open("/dev/kbd", O_RDWR) The usbkbm STREAMS module processes byte streams generated by a keyboard attached to a USB port. USB keyboard is a member of Human Interface Device (HID) Class, and usbkbm only supports the keyboard protocol defined in the specification. Definitions for altering key- board translation and reading events from the keyboard are in <sys/kbio.h> and <sys/kbd.h>. The usbkbm STREAMS module adheres to the interfaces exported by kb(7M). Refer to the DESCRIPTION section of kb(7M) for a discussion of the keyboard translation modes and the IOCTL section for the supported ioctl(2) requests. USB Keyboard usbkbm returns different values for the following ioctls than kb(7M): KIOCTYPE This ioctl() returns a new keyboard type defined for the USB keyboard. All types are listed below: KB_SUN3 Sun Type 3 keyboard KB_SUN4 Sun Type 4 keyboard KB_ASCII ASCII terminal masquerading as keyboard KB_PC Type 101 PC keyboard KB_USB USB keyboard The USB keyboard type is KB_USB; usbkbm will return KB_USB in response to the KIOCTYPE ioctl. KIOCLAYOUT The argument is a pointer to an int. The layout code specified by the bCountryCode value returned in the HID descriptor is returned in the int pointed to by the argument. The countrycodes are defined in 6.2.1 of the HID 1.0 specifications. KIOCCMD KBD_CMD_CLICK/KBD_CMD_NOCLICK The kb(7M) indicates that inappropriate commands for particular keyboards are ignored. Because clicking is not supported on the USB keyboard, usbkbm ignores this command KBD_CMD_SETLED Set keyboard LEDs. Same as kb(7M). KBD_CMD_GETLAYOUT The country codes defined in 6.2.1 of the HID 1.0 specification are returned. KBD_CMD_BELL/KBD_CMD_NOBELL This command is supported although the USB keyboard does not have a buzzer. The request for the bell is rerouted. KBD_CMD_RESET There is no notion of resetting the keyboard as there is for the type4 keyboard. usbkbm ignores this command and does not return an error. FILES
/kernel/strmod/usbkbm 32-bit ELF kernel STREAMS module ( platform only) /kernel/strmod/sparcv9/usbkbm SPARC 64-bit ELF kernel STREAMS module See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ dumpkeys(1), kbd(1), loadkeys(1), ioctl(2), keytables(4), attributes(5), hid(7D), usba(7D), virtualkm(7D), kb(7M) STREAMS Programming Guide System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io DIAGN0STICS None 27 June 2005 usbkbm(7M)