Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find files older than 30mins,count and send mail Post 302090785 by kayarsenal on Wednesday 27th of September 2006 12:50:05 PM
Old 09-27-2006
followup

Hi,
I ran the scriipt but got these errors. I checked the ksh path and its in bin/ksh and usr/bin/ksh.

Code:
 sh -x trymonitor.sh
+ 0< filepathinput.txt
+ read AGE PATH DELAY
+ cd /A/B/C/
+ 1> outputfiles.txt
+ ls
trymonitor.sh[12]: ls:  not found.
+ + awk {print $1}
+ wc -l outputfiles.txt
trymonitor.sh[14]: awk:  not found.
trymonitor.sh[14]: wc:  not found.
final=
+ [ -ge 1]
trymonitor.sh[15]: test: A ] character is missing.
+ echo Everything's OK
Everything's OK
+ rm -f outputfiles.txt
trymonitor.sh[21]: rm:  not found.
+ sleep 10m
trymonitor.sh[22]: sleep:  not found.
+ cd -

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find a file and send a mail

I need a shell script which checks for a file in a particuler folder and should send me a mail if the file of that name is present. Please help me on this.I am new to shell scripting. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files older than 30 days

Dear Friends, I have two queries. 1) I want to see the list of folders which were created 29 days ago. 2) I want to see the folders in which last created file is older than 29 days. Can it be done? Thank you in advance Anushree (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Find files older than 10 days

What command arguments I can use in unix to list files older than 10 days in my current directory, but I don't want to list the hidden files. find . -type f -mtime +15 -print will work but, it is listing all the hidden files., which I don't want. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files older than and containing then tar.

I'm tring to: find files recursively older than x days that contain dat or DAT then tar them I can find the files older than 90 days containing dat with this: find . -mtime +90 -type f -name "*dat*" -exec tar -cvvfp /some/path/some.tar {} \; but how do I do it case insensitive? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to Count the files which is Older than 3 months?

Hi Gurus the count of files in a particular Directory... ls -lrth | grep -c ^- can any one share the command to Count the files which is Older than 3 months So please help me out in this Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Zip the files if count is more than 0 and send a mail

All, I am new to shell scripting and trying to get the count of files that starts with error and with extension .out, if the count is greater than 0 and zip the file and send an email with the content of error.out file, here is my script cd /temp testcount =$('find . -name '*.out' -print |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckydoll
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp - 1 day older files count

Need to write a shell script on AIX box which will connect to different servers using SFTP and get the file count of only 1 day older files. (purging list) How to achieve this? On local server we can use: find <path> -type f -mtime +1 But how to do it in case of SFTP? Please advise. Thanks... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail using find command?

Hello, I wanted to send mail to multiple receiptant by using uuencode with find command. I have used the below find command to search a file, which generating daily at the particular time. . find . -type f -mtime -1 -printf '%f %TH:%TM\n' | awk '$NF>"06:40" && $NF<"06:50" {print $1}' I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
2 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)