Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copying from CDROM to Directory Post 302090105 by George26 on Friday 22nd of September 2006 12:00:05 PM
Old 09-22-2006
Question Copying from CDROM to Directory

Can someone please tell me how to copy a file from a CD that I mounted to a directory in a SCO Unixware system?

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from CDROM to DOS Directory

Hi Everyone, :) Could someone PLEASE tell me how to copy some DOS files from a CDROM to a DOS readable directory in UNIX. I imagine that sounds strange, but that's what I need to do. I am somewhat familiar with... Inserting the CDROM mount /mnt/cdrom ls /mnt/cdrom eject /mnt/cdrom... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greystoke
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying with directory structure

Hi, I need to copy a set of directories along with all sub directories and files from one unix box to another. Any ideas? cnfsed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cnfsed
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from one directory to Other

Hi UNIX Gurus, Could please help me out regarding following situation. I am copying some files from one directory to other directotry using following command. cp /var/tmp/*date*.gz /var/tmp/user/ Problem: Once the copy has completed, I need to check whether all the files (including... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishkeshetty
3 Replies

4. AIX

mount directory as cdrom

Hi guy's, my first post here on the forum :p I did a quick search here, but did not find a direct hit, so decided to post my question. I'm taking my first steps into AIX, and right now I'm trying to install some software that I've downloaded as a zip file, and have this extracted into a mounted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psyduck
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying one file at a time from one directory to another directory.

Hi All i want to write a script which could copy one file at a time from one directory to another directory. Scenerio: Let's say i have 100 file in a dirctory,so i want to copy one file at a time to another directory with a sleep statement in between that of 30 secs. please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhilindurkar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying curent directory

I am trying to write a script that first copies all the directories and files from the current directory into a new Directory. I get and error "Cannot copy directory into itself". That's fine. I don't want it to. What I am worried about is when I give this script to my company (they are using a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from one directory into another.

Could someone please tell me if there is a command similar to head or tail that can be used on directories. I want to select a given number of files from a directory and copy them into another directory. But I found out I can't use head as it doesn't (or I don't know how yet!) work on directories.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krush187
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying subdirectories of a directory to some other directory and renaming them

Hi, I am a newbie in shell scripting. I have to copy a particular sub-directory (data) from a large no. of directories (all in the same folder) and paste them to another directory ( /home/hubble/data ) and then rename all the subdirectories (data) as the name of its parent directory. please... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sholay
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to a directory

Hi, I am newbie to unix scripting, need a help in the doubt i have. It is " when files are copied to a directory using cp command, they are arranged by default according to the file name, is there anyway where the files that are copied be arranged with respect to their size, with using the sort... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pundalik
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous Copying from a directory to another.

Hello Folks, Looking for a script, where i can check for the existing of the files in a directory and copying to another. How can i achieve it in loop for over period of time. whatever files comes into the folder copied in another without duplicate and should be continuous loop. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
8 Replies
mount_udfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mount_udfs(1M)

NAME
mount_udfs - mount a udfs file system SYNOPSIS
mount -F udfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] [-O] special mount_point mount -F udfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] [-O] special | mount_point DESCRIPTION
The mount utility attaches a udfs file system to the file system hierarchy at the mount_point, which is the pathname of a directory. If mount_point has any contents prior to the mount operation, these are hidden until the file system is unmounted. If mount is invoked with either special or mount_point as the only arguments, mount searches /etc/vfstab to fill in the missing arguments, including the specific_options. See mount(1M). If special and mount_point are specified without any specific_options, the default is rw. If the directory on which a file system is to be mounted is a symbolic link, the file system is mounted on the directory to which the sym- bolic link refers, rather than on top of the symbolic link itself. OPTIONS
See mount(1M) for the list of supported generic_options. The following options are supported: -o specific_options Specify udfs file system specific options in a comma-separated list with no intervening spaces. The following spe- cific_options are available: m Mount the file system without making an entry in /etc/mnttab. remount Remount the file system as read-write. The option is used in conjunction with the rw option. A file system mounted read-only can be remounted as read-write. This option fails if the file system is not currently mounted. -O Overlay mount. Allow the file system to be mounted over an existing mount point, making the underlying file system inaccessible. If a mount is attempted on a pre-existing mount point without setting this flag, the mount fails, producing the error device busy. FILES
/etc/mnttab Table of mounted file systems /etc/vfstab List of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWudf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), fsck_udfs(1M), mount(1M), mountall(1M), mount(2), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
not super user The command is run by a non-root user. Run as root. no such device The device name specified does not exist. not a directory The specified mount point is not a directory. is not an udfs file system The device specified does not contain a udf 1.50 file system or the udfs file system module is not available. is already mounted The specified device is already in use. not a block device The device specified is not a block device. Use block device to mount. write-protected The device is read-only. is corrupted. needs checking The file system is in an inconsistent state. Run fsck. NOTES
Copy-protected files can be stored on DVD-ROM media using Universal Disk Format (UDF). Reading these copy-protected files is not possible as this involves an authentication process. Unless an authentication process between the host and the drive is completed, reading these copy-protected files after mounting and before the authentication process, returns an error. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2003 mount_udfs(1M)