Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help - script can check jump sequence? Post 302089632 by happyv on Wednesday 20th of September 2006 06:40:21 AM
Old 09-20-2006
I try to run:

sh checkseq (scriptname)

it showing:
Code:
expr: non-numeric argument
comparing SIMAC and  ... 
checkseq: test: argument expected

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 08-28-2009 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script in boot sequence

Hi , I have some problems with my library when the sytem boot : When HPUX is booting, HPUX and STAPE claim the drive initially. HPUX assigns an instance number. The instance number is tied to the hardware path. Near the end of the boot, the ATDD driver claims the drive from STAPE based... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking jump sequence number (part2)

The following script have some bug...can you all help me: #!/bin/sh start=1 for file_number in `ls -1 /appl/CH_DATA/archive/list1/CACHE/CDBACKUPFILEJohn*.archived | sort | cut -c 48,49,50,51` do if ; then # this is the first pass of the loop, so we've got nothing to compare start=0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file sequence

Hi everyone, I need help in creating a script that would check if the file sequence is in order in a particular directory. These are log files that are generated throughout the day. Example of the file name will be, ABC01_YYMMDDHHMM###### (ABC01_0904161829000001) Sometimes the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran21
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Check file sequence script not working. Need help.

I have a script to check a file sequence for missing frames. It used to work in true Unix but now on OSX 10.6.4 (bash) it reports every frame is missing. Hopefully someone here can help. #!/bin/csh -f if ($#argv < 1) then echo echo "Usage: checkseq <name> " echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Sequence

* Expiry DATE: * Address1: Address2: Address3: Address4: Address5: * PO_ref_number: aadad HolderId_1: HolderId_2: HolderId_3: HolderId_4: * adad: 00000 ada: 00000 adad: RANDOM adad: RANDOM ****************************** (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check missing sequence?

I want to listed files every hours and check the missing sequence my file format is CV.020220131430.txt CV.020220131440.txt CV.020220131450.txt CV.ddmmyyhhm.txt how to check if i have missing files in sequence .. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to make the script jump to sleep?

Hi Gurus, I am working one below script. I am stuck at the else condition. #!/bin/ksh while : do cur_date=`date |cut -d"," -f 1` cur_time=`date +"%H%M" if ||; then if && ; then echo "File " $FIRST_FILE "... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notify when the script run(hourly)on my jump-box only when there is a failure on my remote-box

Team, Presently I have a script, which i have set up cron on one of my Jump-boxes,and gives me the output on every hourly basis,fetching the data from the remote machine.Basically it gives me the list of all active users logged and its count once we execute the script.Here the count is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the missing file based on sequence number.

Hi All, I have a requirement that i need to list only the missing sequences with a unix script. For Example: Input: FILE_001.txt FILE_002.txt FILE_005.txt FILE_006.txt FILE_008.txt FILE_009.txt FILE_010.txt FILE_014.txt Output: FILE_003.txt FILE_004.txt FILE_007.txt FILE_011.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun1992
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)