Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting learning how to use shell script Post 302089264 by bebop1111116 on Monday 18th of September 2006 10:18:31 AM
Old 09-18-2006
thanks for your help everyone

Last edited by bebop1111116; 09-18-2006 at 12:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning Shell Scripting

I'm new to UNIX and I want to learn Shell Scripting. I want a web site that has Shell Scripting tutorials. Any suggesstions?.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liveapple2000
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning to write UNIX Shell Scripts

Hi All, I am relatively new to UNIX. I know some basic commands. I am learning to write shell scripts. My first aim is to connect to a Data Base via shell script. Any ideas on this? Any links, docs which will tell me about scripting?? Thanks VEN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VENC22
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Text for learning the SH shell

Know a very best Text for learning the SH shell (standard shell)?? can you speak a text for me ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learning Tips - UNIX Shell Script

Can any one please provide a fast learning tips to learn UNIX shell scripting? Thanks, Gov (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Govindh.v
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggested Books for Learning Shell scripting

Hi, I had completed RHCE and i am interested to learn shell scripting. Request you to please let me know which book is best for learning shell scripting or any online website. Thanks & Regards arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting book learning.

Hi Which is the most useful shell scripting book. Planning to learn shell scripting.Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunvellanki
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unix shell script learning

I am trying to learn Shell scripting in UNIX. Could Any one please suggest on how to get UNIX account or any other free stimulator available for download on which I can practice Unix shell script? Thanks, sam70 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam70
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

self-learning! my korn shell problem

i am a beginner i m learning shell by myself i have problem writing a korn shell that takes an absolute pathname to directory and display all ordinary files in the directory ordered by their length. i was thinking use grep ls sort and sed. maybe, i m wrong! can someone tell me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuda0059
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

After Learning Shell Scripting

Will it be good to learn 1) Perl or 2) Ruby first? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Looking for guidance on learning the shell

Hello everyone! I am a mechanical engineering student from Brazil, and I'm trying to get into numerical simulation in fluid dynamics. A teacher recommended OpenFoam and from what I've been reading, it seems that I need to get familiar with ''the Shell'' at first, and this is why I'm here. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heisenflower
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD