Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX max size of a volum group with 5.3 Post 302087842 by grial on Wednesday 6th of September 2006 07:09:23 AM
Old 09-06-2006
Helo.
From the red book: "IBMEserver Certification Study Guide
Eserver p5 and pSeries Enterprise
Technical Support AIX 5L V5.3":

VG type |Maximum PVs |Maximum LVs |Maximum PPs per VG |Maximum PP size
Normal VG |32 |256 |32512 (1016 * 32) |1 GB
Big VG |128 |512 |130048 (1016 * 128) |1 GB
Scalable VG |1024 |4096 |2097152 |128 GB

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max size of variable

What is the maximum amount of characters that you can have in a varible name in the ksh shell? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Max I/O Size

My HP-UX 11.0 system is supporting an Oracle database. I have found a number of references on the Net to the "Max I/O size" in relation to setting Oracle parameters. How can I tell what my max i/o size is? I originally made the assumption that it was referring to my stripe size but now I think... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies

3. Solaris

max. size of file

I wants to ask that what is the max size of file that we can create in the unix file system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerghogre
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max. file size

i want to know what is the maximum file size supported by linux with ext3 file system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

5. AIX

Max users in a group ?

Hi All, Does anyone know if there is a maximum limit to the number of users that can be assigned to a group. I currently have on a production server 900+ users in 1 group. I know some of these users are no longer valid as we only have 500 employees and not all employees use this application. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anmiller
4 Replies

6. AIX

max size of a group in /etc/group

I have several AIX servers running 5.2. What is the default max size for a group in /etc/group? How do I change the default max size for a group to be unlimited (if possible)? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max size of the attachment

Hi Gurus, I am unable to send a file which size is more than 10mb through the "sendmail" command in unix. I searched from internet and followed the path specified over there "/etc/mail/sendmail.cf" and too "/etc/mail/main.cf" but found in those files below lines. # maximum message size... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding max size

Hi I have a list of 2000 records with multiple entries and I want to get the max size for each entry ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 DEF 1 DEF 2 DEF 2 DEF 2 DEF 2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max size directory

Hi I know that a perticular direxctory is cosuming max space . Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on nfsfi02:/vol/fivol2/Dir2/dir 104857600 92671400 12186200 89% /fs/dir I want to know which sub directory is consuming max... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter Row Based On Max Column Value After Group BY

Hello Team, Need your expertise on following: Here is the set of data: C1|4|C1SP1|A1|C1BP1|T1 C1|4|C1SP2|A1|C1BP2|T2 C2|3|C2SP1|A2|C2BP1|T2 C3|3|C3SP1|A3|C3BP1|T2 C2|2|C2SP2|A2|C2BP2|T1 I need to filter above date base on following two steps: 1. Group them by column 1 and 4 2.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
12 Replies
PRLIMIT(1)							   User Commands							PRLIMIT(1)

NAME
prlimit - get and set process resource limits SYNOPSIS
prlimit [options] [--resource[=limits] [--pid PID] prlimit [options] [--resource[=limits] command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
Given a process ID and one or more resources, prlimit tries to retrieve and/or modify the limits. When command is given, prlimit will run this command with the given arguments. The limits parameter is composed of a soft and a hard value, separated by a colon (:), in order to modify the existing values. If no lim- its are given, prlimit will display the current values. If one of the values is not given, then the existing one will be used. To specify the unlimited or infinity limit (RLIM_INFINITY), the -1 or 'unlimited' string can be passed. Because of the nature of limits, the soft limit must be lower or equal to the high limit (also called the ceiling). To see all available resource limits, refer to the RESOURCE OPTIONS section. soft:hard Specify both limits. soft: Specify only the soft limit. :hard Specify only the hard limit. value Specify both limits to the same value. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. --noheadings Do not print a header line. -o, --output list Define the output columns to use. If no output arrangement is specified, then a default set is used. Use --help to get a list of all supported columns. -p, --pid Specify the process id; if none is given, the running process will be used. --raw Use the raw output format. --verbose Verbose mode. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RESOURCE OPTIONS
-c, --core[=limits] Maximum size of a core file. -d, --data[=limits] Maximum data size. -e, --nice[=limits] Maximum nice priority allowed to raise. -f, --fsize[=limits] Maximum file size. -i, --sigpending[=limits] Maximum number of pending signals. -l, --memlock[=limits] Maximum locked-in-memory address space. -m, --rss[=limits] Maximum Resident Set Size (RSS). -n, --nofile[=limits] Maximum number of open files. -q, --msgqueue[=limits] Maximum number of bytes in POSIX message queues. -r, --rtprio[=limits] Maximum real-time priority. -s, --stack[=limits] Maximum size of the stack. -t, --cpu[=limits] CPU time, in seconds. -u, --nproc[=limits] Maximum number of processes. -v, --as[=limits] Address space limit. -x, --locks[=limits] Maximum number of file locks held. -y, --rttime[=limits] Timeout for real-time tasks. EXAMPLES
prlimit --pid 13134 Display limit values for all current resources. prlimit --pid 13134 --rss --nofile=1024:4095 Display the limits of the RSS, and set the soft and hard limits for the number of open files to 1024 and 4095, respectively. prlimit --pid 13134 --nproc=512: Modify only the soft limit for the number of processes. prlimit --pid $$ --nproc=unlimited Set for the current process both the soft and ceiling values for the number of processes to unlimited. prlimit --cpu=10 sort -u hugefile Set both the soft and hard CPU time limit to ten seconds and run 'sort'. SEE ALSO
ulimit(1), prlimit(2) NOTES
The prlimit system call is supported since Linux 2.6.36, older kernels will break this program. AUTHORS
Davidlohr Bueso <dave@gnu.org> - In memory of Dennis M. Ritchie. AVAILABILITY
The prlimit command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 PRLIMIT(1)