Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: World's strongest economy
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? World's strongest economy Post 302087337 by blowtorch on Thursday 31st of August 2006 05:46:49 AM
Old 08-31-2006
My understanding of this poll is that we are voting for the most influential economy. How a strong economy is defined is beyond my understanding and reading.

But IMHO, the two really up and coming economies (China and India) are driven by consumers in the west (most notably the US of A). I mean, if all businesses in the US decided to terminate software contracts with Indian companies, that would have an adverse effect on the economy. Same is the case with China and its massive exports...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

hello world

just wanted to give salutations to all in here. i hope to contribute as much as i take. happy "unix-ing" :b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JeepResQ
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Gross User Product of a Virtual Economy

I am interested in this function, Gross User Product of a Virtual Economy: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Programming

Exact meaning of the "world" in "hello world"

Hello! I have a question to native English-speaking people. In the popular program's "hello world" greeting, what meaning the "world" has: "all", "everybody", "people", "friends" or "whole world", "planet", "Earth", "Universe"? In other words, to whom this greeting is addressed: to the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eugene Muzychen
14 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
Encode::CN(3pm) 					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					   Encode::CN(3pm)

NAME
Encode::CN - China-based Chinese Encodings SYNOPSIS
use Encode qw/encode decode/; $euc_cn = encode("euc-cn", $utf8); # loads Encode::CN implicitly $utf8 = decode("euc-cn", $euc_cn); # ditto DESCRIPTION
This module implements China-based Chinese charset encodings. Encodings supported are as follows. Canonical Alias Description -------------------------------------------------------------------- euc-cn /euc.*cn$/i EUC (Extended Unix Character) /cn.*euc$/i /GB[-_ ]?2312(?:D.*$|$)/i (see below) gb2312-raw The raw (low-bit) GB2312 character map gb12345-raw Traditional chinese counterpart to GB2312 (raw) iso-ir-165 GB2312 + GB6345 + GB8565 + additions MacChineseSimp GB2312 + Apple Additions cp936 Code Page 936, also known as GBK (Extended GuoBiao) hz 7-bit escaped GB2312 encoding -------------------------------------------------------------------- To find how to use this module in detail, see Encode. NOTES
Due to size concerns, "GB 18030" (an extension to "GBK") is distributed separately on CPAN, under the name Encode::HanExtra. That module also contains extra Taiwan-based encodings. BUGS
When you see "charset=gb2312" on mails and web pages, they really mean "euc-cn" encodings. To fix that, "gb2312" is aliased to "euc-cn". Use "gb2312-raw" when you really mean it. The ASCII region (0x00-0x7f) is preserved for all encodings, even though this conflicts with mappings by the Unicode Consortium. SEE ALSO
Encode perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Encode::CN(3pm)