Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HSBC Payment Integration on Unix Post 302087331 by elkdanger on Thursday 31st of August 2006 04:31:50 AM
Old 08-31-2006
HSBC Payment Integration on Unix

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help a complete *nix amatuer here.

I've been asked to implement HSBC payment integration for a client. HSBC supply (amongst others) Linux and Windows libraries, and I've been asked to see if we can implement this on our dedicated Unix host.

Basically the system comprises of a library 'libCcCpiTools.so' and 'TestHash.e'. The library has been copied to /usr/lib on our server, and when I try doing './TestHash.e' I get an error message saying "ELF Binary Type 0 not known", which I understand is because it's a Linux executable and not a Unix one. Now, from what I've been reading I can use 'brandelf' to alter the binary type (which may or may not work) but when I try it, it says 'command not found'.

I contacted the host tech support and they can convert our server to Linux compatibility mode, at the cost of £50 + VAT. Basically I would like to know if this will definitely solve the problem, before I authorize the conversion. It might seem like a silly question but I'm just trying to cover my back here.

The alternative is to download a Unix distro and get it running at home before going ahead, but given my complete lack of Unix and Linux this will probably take up too much time and will probably not work in the end anyway.

If anyone could help us out with this I'd love to hear from them :-)

Cheers in advance

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Continous Integration for Unix / Linux

Hi all, We have serious problem with continuous integration system for application building on few different platforms. (aix 5.2, 5.3 solaris 8,9 , SUSE Linux 9.3, 10 , Slackware Linux 10,11,12, RedHAt Enterprise Linux и Windows 2003) We need application ( program ) to do the following tasks:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: +Yan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required Unix and Web page Integration.

HI guys , I want to create a simple website which can communicate with unix server. For example i want to run some command on a unix server through a website. What will be the best approach to do the same. Kindly help . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies
USELIB(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 USELIB(2)

NAME
uselib - load shared library SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int uselib(const char *library); DESCRIPTION
The system call uselib() serves to load a shared library to be used by the calling process. It is given a pathname. The address where to load is found in the library itself. The library can have any recognized binary format. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
In addition to all of the error codes returned by open(2) and mmap(2), the following may also be returned: EACCES The library specified by library does not have read or execute permission, or the caller does not have search permission for one of the directories in the path prefix. (See also path_resolution(7).) ENFILE The system limit on the total number of open files has been reached. ENOEXEC The file specified by library is not an executable of known type, e.g., does not have the correct magic numbers. CONFORMING TO
uselib() is Linux-specific, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. NOTES
uselib() was used by early libc startup code to load the shared libraries with names found in an array of names in the binary. Since libc 4.3.2, startup code tries to prefix these names with "/usr/lib", "/lib" and "" before giving up. In libc 4.3.4 and later these names are looked for in the directories found in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and if not found there, prefixes "/usr/lib", "/lib" and "/" are tried. From libc 4.4.4 on only the library "/lib/ld.so" is loaded, so that this dynamic library can load the remaining libraries needed (again using this call). This is also the state of affairs in libc5. glibc2 does not use this call. SEE ALSO
ar(1), gcc(1), ld(1), ldd(1), mmap(2), open(2), dlopen(3), capabilities(7), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2005-01-09 USELIB(2)