Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to update a single row in a file with sed Post 302087271 by System Shock on Wednesday 30th of August 2006 05:55:50 PM
Old 08-30-2006
The command reads:
"for lines that start with the characters 03, substitute the first instance of 19 with 27"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to append data in a single row

Hi all, I need a logic in UNIX to append contents of a file in same row, where the original contents are found one below the other. For example. My i/p file contains: “user1”,”employee1”,”04/28/2009” “5678” “78” “user2”,”employee2”,”04/30/2009” I want my output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting blank line and row containing certain words in single sed command

Hi Is it possible to do the following in a single command /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/rows selected/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/^$/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto_new.txt exit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting rows to a single row

Hi all I have a file as below : Development System User Production i want to convert the file to below format: "Development","System","User","Production" Is it possible with UNIX ? if so can you please give me some direction on it ? Thanks, Satya Use code tags please, ty. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaranjon
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert columns to single row

Hello all I have data like 1 2 3 4 5 I wish my output would be like 1,2,3,4,5 For this i have executed 'BEGIN {FS="\n"; ORS=","} {print $0}' test and got the output as 1,2,3,4,5, I do not want to have , at the end of 5. output should be like (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple rows in single row based on certain condition using awk or sed

Hi, I'm using AIX(ksh shell). > cat temp.txt "a","b",0 "c",bc",0 "a1","b1",0 "cc","cb",1 "cc","b2",1 "bb","bc",2 I want the output as: "a","b","c","bc","a1","b1" "cc","cb","cc","b2" "bb","bc" I want to combine multiple lines into single line where third column is same. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelray
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search row by row from one file to another file if match is found print few colums of file 2

this is the requirement list.txt table1 table2 table3 testfile.txt name#place#data#select * from table1 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 innerjoin table3 name2#place2#data2#select * from table 10 output name place table1 name2 place table3 i tried using awk (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsekumar
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp transfer doing as single row

Hi All, I have a file in windows when I transfer it using sftp it is getting as single line. I tried to do both ascii and binary File: is transfered as Can you please let me know how can do the transfer as same as XML file Thanks, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple files from single file based on row separator

Hello , Can anyone please help me to solve the below - Input.txt source table abc col1 char col2 number source table bcd col1 date col2 char output should be 2 files based on the row separator "source table" abc.txt col1 char (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting single row into multiple rows based on for every 10 digits of last field of the row

Hi ALL, We have requirement in a file, i have multiple rows. Example below: Input file rows 01,1,102319,0,0,70,26,U,1,331,000000113200000011920000001212 01,1,102319,0,1,80,20,U,1,241,00000059420000006021 I need my output file should be as mentioned below. Last field should split for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotra
4 Replies
asadmin-start-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				       asadmin-start-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-instance, start-instance - starts a server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
start-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host local_host] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--debug=false] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] instance_name Use the start-instance command to start an instance with the instance name you specify. The start-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To start locally, with a domain name identified, the named instance must already exist within that domain. To start remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --debug starts the instance in debug mode. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be started. Example 1: Using start-instance in local mode asadmin> start-instance --domain domain1 admin-server Instance admin-server started Where: the admin-server instance is started on the local domain1 domain. Example 2: Using start-instance in remote mode asadmin> start-instance --user admin --password bluestar --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 started Where: the server1 instance is started on the remote domain associated with the specified user, password, host, and port number. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS),.asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-instance(1AS)