Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux x25trace - whats this telling me? Post 302086572 by Corona688 on Friday 25th of August 2006 01:11:58 AM
Old 08-25-2006
Are these messages being produced by x25trace or the kernel? I'm looking in the source and can't find where they're being printed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Telling apart serial from // port

I'm writing a journal_write() function and I want it to: - be a possible drop in replacement for write() - write entries to the journal ;-) Could be a regular file (journal.txt), a serial printer or a // printer. - handle printer status if needed. fstat() tells weather or not we're dealing with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starless
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats does this mean

Found this piece of code written in ksh. I have no ideas what do the stuff like ${SRF##*\.} do. SUFFIX=${SRF##*\.} if ; then SUFFIX="" fi I have encountered similar expressions in other programs also. Any pointers on where to learn more about these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Whats the go?

woofie, Your posts are being deleted because your use of profanity. I am close to changing your status to read only. In fact, if you argue with the mods again, I will ban you from these boards. Neo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Whats Behind Your Name?

Looking at the member list, there are alot of interesting names, some unique, some bizarre, and some that are just plain. How did you come by your name? Why did you choose your label? Me? Well, I wish I could change mine. I chose Google because thats how I stumbled upon this site. I wasn't sure... (66 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
66 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

keeps telling me my email addresses don't match

HI there, Trying to register but it keeps telling me my email address doesn't match. I tried several times. I even tried closing out and coming back to the page. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r0k3t
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats this NAME=${0##*/}

hi all, i found NAME=${0##*/} in a script. i given this coomand in my unix box(presently in ksh). echo ${0##*/} it returned ksh. the purpose of the above is to return the shell name or more than that. do you have any more information like this, please share with me. one more query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

##*_ - whats this?

Hi all, could you please tell me whats this stands ##*_ 0##*/ i knew this alone if some more is there please tell me that also. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with live upgrade creation: Telling me metadevices do not exist

Hi I am having a problem creating my live upgrade environment. Here is the error I get: root@server:/# lucreate -c SOL10_18May -n SOL10_19May -z /lu_excludelist -m /:dev/md/dsk/d0:ufs -m /var:/dev/md/dsk/d4:ufs -m /export/home:/dev/md/dsk/d6:ufs -m -:/dev/md/dsk/d3:swap -C... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -- telling the difference between strings and integers

This should be a really easy question. My input file will have a few fields that are strings in the first line, which I will extract and save as variables. The rest of the fields on every line will be integers and floating point numbers. Can awk tell the difference somehow? That is, is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
5 Replies
DMESG(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DMESG(1)

NAME
dmesg - print or control the kernel ring buffer SYNOPSIS
dmesg [-c] [-r] [-n level] [-s bufsize] DESCRIPTION
dmesg is used to examine or control the kernel ring buffer. The program helps users to print out their bootup messages. Instead of copying the messages by hand, the user need only: dmesg > boot.messages and mail the boot.messages file to whoever can debug their problem. OPTIONS
-c Clear the ring buffer contents after printing. -r Print the raw message buffer, i.e., don't strip the log level prefixes. -s bufsize Use a buffer of size bufsize to query the kernel ring buffer. This is 16392 by default. (The default kernel syslog buffer size was 4096 at first, 8192 since 1.3.54, 16384 since 2.1.113.) If you have set the kernel buffer to be larger than the default then this option can be used to view the entire buffer. -n level Set the level at which logging of messages is done to the console. For example, -n 1 prevents all messages, except panic messages, from appearing on the console. All levels of messages are still written to /proc/kmsg, so syslogd(8) can still be used to control exactly where kernel messages appear. When the -n option is used, dmesg will not print or clear the kernel ring buffer. When both options are used, only the last option on the command line will have an effect. SEE ALSO
syslogd(8) AVAILABILITY
The dmesg command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. DMESG(1)