Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux x25trace - whats this telling me? Post 302086522 by nhatch on Thursday 24th of August 2006 01:16:37 PM
Old 08-24-2006
x25trace - whats this telling me?

Hi people,

In need of help, though aren't we all Smilie

On a linux server with x25 cards going off to many switches. For one that should be connecting off to Brussels is scrolling the below. No other info being given. Does anyone have any idea what this is telling me? Normally with x25trace it sits still if there is nothing going through.

Also on a linux server, what x25 tools do I have. Is there any way to tell what link is active and carrying traffic? or is x25trace my only choice?

17:06:42 T<94> B DM
17:06:45 T<95> B DM
17:06:48 T<96> B DM
17:06:51 T<97> B DM
17:06:54 T<98> B DM
17:06:57 T<99> B DM
17:07:00 T<9a> B DM
17:07:03 T<9b> B DM
17:07:06 T<9c> B DM
17:07:09 T<9d> B DM
17:07:12 T<9e> B DM
17:07:15 T<9f> B DM
17:07:18 T<a0> B DM
17:07:21 T<a1> B DM
17:07:24 T<a2> B DM
17:07:27 T<a3> B DM
17:07:30 T<a4> B DM
17:07:33 T<a5> B DM

Many, many thanks,

Neil

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Telling apart serial from // port

I'm writing a journal_write() function and I want it to: - be a possible drop in replacement for write() - write entries to the journal ;-) Could be a regular file (journal.txt), a serial printer or a // printer. - handle printer status if needed. fstat() tells weather or not we're dealing with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starless
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats does this mean

Found this piece of code written in ksh. I have no ideas what do the stuff like ${SRF##*\.} do. SUFFIX=${SRF##*\.} if ; then SUFFIX="" fi I have encountered similar expressions in other programs also. Any pointers on where to learn more about these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Whats the go?

woofie, Your posts are being deleted because your use of profanity. I am close to changing your status to read only. In fact, if you argue with the mods again, I will ban you from these boards. Neo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Whats Behind Your Name?

Looking at the member list, there are alot of interesting names, some unique, some bizarre, and some that are just plain. How did you come by your name? Why did you choose your label? Me? Well, I wish I could change mine. I chose Google because thats how I stumbled upon this site. I wasn't sure... (66 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
66 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

keeps telling me my email addresses don't match

HI there, Trying to register but it keeps telling me my email address doesn't match. I tried several times. I even tried closing out and coming back to the page. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r0k3t
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats this NAME=${0##*/}

hi all, i found NAME=${0##*/} in a script. i given this coomand in my unix box(presently in ksh). echo ${0##*/} it returned ksh. the purpose of the above is to return the shell name or more than that. do you have any more information like this, please share with me. one more query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

##*_ - whats this?

Hi all, could you please tell me whats this stands ##*_ 0##*/ i knew this alone if some more is there please tell me that also. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with live upgrade creation: Telling me metadevices do not exist

Hi I am having a problem creating my live upgrade environment. Here is the error I get: root@server:/# lucreate -c SOL10_18May -n SOL10_19May -z /lu_excludelist -m /:dev/md/dsk/d0:ufs -m /var:/dev/md/dsk/d4:ufs -m /export/home:/dev/md/dsk/d6:ufs -m -:/dev/md/dsk/d3:swap -C... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -- telling the difference between strings and integers

This should be a really easy question. My input file will have a few fields that are strings in the first line, which I will extract and save as variables. The rest of the fields on every line will be integers and floating point numbers. Can awk tell the difference somehow? That is, is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
5 Replies
X25(7)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    X25(7)

NAME
x25 - ITU-T X.25 / ISO-8208 protocol interface. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> #include <linux/x25.h> x25_socket = socket(AF_X25, SOCK_SEQPACKET, 0); DESCRIPTION
X25 sockets provide an interface to the X.25 packet layer protocol. This allows applications to communicate over a public X.25 data net- work as standardized by International Telecommunication Union's recommendation X.25 (X.25 DTE-DCE mode). X25 sockets can also be used for communication without an intermediate X.25 network (X.25 DTE-DTE mode) as described in ISO-8208. Message boundaries are preserved -- a read(2) from a socket will retrieve the same chunk of data as output with the corresponding write(2) to the peer socket. When necessary, the kernel takes care of segmenting and reassembling long messages by means of the X.25 M-bit. There is no hard-coded upper limit for the message size. However, reassembling of a long message might fail if there is a temporary lack of sys- tem resources or when other constraints (such as socket memory or buffer size limits) become effective. If that occurs, the X.25 connec- tion will be reset. Socket addresses The AF_X25 socket address family uses the struct sockaddr_x25 for representing network addresses as defined in ITU-T recommendation X.121. struct sockaddr_x25 { sa_family_t sx25_family; /* must be AF_X25 */ x25_address sx25_addr; /* X.121 Address */ }; sx25_addr contains a char array x25_addr[] to be interpreted as a null-terminated string. sx25_addr.x25_addr[] consists of up to 15 (not counting the terminating null byte) ASCII characters forming the X.121 address. Only the decimal digit characters from '0' to '9' are allowed. Socket options The following X.25-specific socket options can be set by using setsockopt(2) and read with getsockopt(2) with the level argument set to SOL_X25. X25_QBITINCL Controls whether the X.25 Q-bit (Qualified Data Bit) is accessible by the user. It expects an integer argument. If set to 0 (default), the Q-bit is never set for outgoing packets and the Q-bit of incoming packets is ignored. If set to 1, an additional first byte is prepended to each message read from or written to the socket. For data read from the socket, a 0 first byte indicates that the Q-bits of the corresponding incoming data packets were not set. A first byte with value 1 indicates that the Q-bit of the corresponding incoming data packets was set. If the first byte of the data written to the socket is 1, the Q-bit of the correspond- ing outgoing data packets will be set. If the first byte is 0, the Q-bit will not be set. VERSIONS
The AF_X25 protocol family is a new feature of Linux 2.2. BUGS
Plenty, as the X.25 PLP implementation is CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL. This man page is incomplete. There is no dedicated application programmer's header file yet; you need to include the kernel header file <linux/x25.h>. CONFIG_EXPERI- MENTAL might also imply that future versions of the interface are not binary compatible. X.25 N-Reset events are not propagated to the user process yet. Thus, if a reset occurred, data might be lost without notice. SEE ALSO
socket(2), socket(7) Jonathan Simon Naylor: "The Re-Analysis and Re-Implementation of X.25." The URL is <ftp://ftp.pspt.fi/pub/ham/linux/ax25/x25doc.tgz>. COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 X25(7)