Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Automatic Screen Size Manipulation Post 302085610 by yoi2hot4ya on Friday 18th of August 2006 11:41:48 AM
Old 08-18-2006
Automatic Screen Size Manipulation

Hello. Is there a way to programatically maximize a unix window? I am using X term and the scripts shows menus that need to fit within a specific screen size. I want to detect the screen size and advise the user to maximize thier screen if less than what is needed to correctly show the menus.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

screen size

I installed gnome on my solaris 8 box. The first time I ran Gnome It told me to change the resolution. I accidentally closed the window and didn't get a chance to copy the command. What is the command or how do I change the desktop resolution? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpnhavoc
1 Replies

2. SCO

On-screen character size selection

Late one evening I stumbled into a part of SCO 5.06 wherein I was asked for my choice of large or small characters. Without a thought, I picked "large". This was a mistake, since many operating system directories now show only part of their contents. The rest is off-screen. I can't seem to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jddxxx
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to increase size of the console screen buffer ?

Its difficult to explain what I am exactly looking for, so let me try with an example.. Suppose my program prints out thousands lines. But once my program ends.. I am not able to scroll up and see all the 1000 lines. The size of the screen buffer is obviously limited. Is there anyway I can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
5 Replies

4. AIX

Increasing screen display size

Hi, How can i increase the size of my display on AIX 5.3.What i mean is e.g if i do and ps -ef i would get some like: /data/app/oracle/product/10.2 /usr/bin/ksh /usr/local/bin/s i want it to show the whole thing on the screen without cutting it,because there is still space on the screen... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sellafrica1
0 Replies

5. SCO

Screen size with foxbase+ 2.1.2d + Openserver 5.0.7

Hi, i'm running SCO Openserver 5.0.7 with foxbase+ 2.1.2d. Is it possible to change the screen size to use more than 25 lines / 80 columns?. Clients connect using PuTTY, they can enlarge the SSH client window, but the application still runs in the original window size. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyruspy
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic logging (capture screen output) of telnet/ssh sessions on a Solaris node

Hi I am working in Solaris 10 and I want to monitor logs for every telnet/ssh session that tries to connect to the server. I need these logs to be generated in a file that I can fetch using ftp. I am a new user and a stepwise detail will be great BR saGGee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Screen size

I would like to play a movie with vlc is there a way I can make it transparent and maximized window. Is there a way i can do this. Thanks in advance Josh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtsmith90
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Automatic enable for screen lock in vnc

Hello, I am using Redhat 5.0 OS, i want that the screen or session to be locked if machine is idle for few minutes. I have enabled screensaver lock on my machine and it works for my machine. But i have created vnc server's as well for my machine which i access from my windows machine. So for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Byobu specific screen size.

There is away to make a window pane a specific size. I just forgot how to do it. Something like this: Ctrl-A : split-window -l xx -h xx Anyone know the right way to do this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ignatius
1 Replies
glutEnterGameMode(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutEnterGameMode(3GLUT)

NAME
glutEnterGameMode, glutLeaveGameMode - enters and leaves GLUT's game mode. SYNTAX
void glutEnterGameMode(void); void glutLeaveGameMode(void); DESCRIPTION
glutEnterGameMode is designed to enable high-performance fullscreen GLUT rendering, possibly at a different screen display format. Calling glutEnterGameMode creates a special fullscreen GLUT window (with its own callbacks and OpenGL rendering context state). If the game mode string describes a possible screen display format, GLUT also changes the screen display format to the one described by the game mode string. glutLeaveGameMode leaves the GLUT game mode and returns the screen display format to its default format. When game mode is entered, certain GLUT functionality is disable to facilitate high-performance fullscreen rendering. GLUT pop-up menus are not available while in game mode. Other created windows and subwindows are not displayed in GLUT game mode. Game mode will also hide all other applications running on the computer's display screen. The intent of these restrictions is to eliminate window clipping issues, permit screen display format changes, and permit fullscreen rendering optimization such as page flipping for fullscreen buffer swaps. After leaving game mode, the GLUT functionality disabled in game mode is available again. The game mode window (and its OpenGL rendering state) is destroyed when leaving game mode. Any windows and subwindows created before entering the game mode are displayed in their previ- ous locations. The OpenGL state of normal GLUT windows and subwindows is not disturbed by entering and/or leaving game mode. The following GLUT routines are ignored in game mode: glutFullScreen, glutSetWindowTitle, glutSetIconTitle, glutPositionWindow, glutRe- shapeWindow, glutPopWindow, glutPushWindow, glutIconifyWindow, glutShowWindow, glutHideWindow. glutEnterGameMode can be called when already in game mode. This will destroy the previous game mode window (including any OpenGL rendering state) and create a new game mode window with a new OpenGL rendering context. Also if glutEnterGameMode is called when already in game mode and if the game mode string has changed and describes a possible screen display format, the new screen display format takes effect. A reshape callback is generated if the game mode window changes size due to a screen display format change. Re-entering game mode provides a mechanism for changing the screen display format while already in game mode. Note though that the game mode window's OpenGL state is lost in this process and the application is responsible for re-initializing the newly created game mode win- dow OpenGL state when re-entering game mode. Game mode cannot be entered while pop-up menus are in use. Note that the glutEnterGameMode and glutFullScreen routines operate differently. glutFullScreen simply makes the current window match the size of the screen. glutFullScreen does not change the screen display format and does not disable any GLUT features such as pop-up menus; glutFullScreen continues to operate in a "windowed" mode of operation. glutEnterGameMode creates a new window style, possibly changes the screen display mode, limits GLUT functionality, and hides other applications. SEE ALSO
glutGameModeGet, glutGameModeString, glutInitDisplayString AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutEnterGameMode(3GLUT)