Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting generate file incremented by 1 Post 302085392 by mape on Thursday 17th of August 2006 03:46:10 AM
Old 08-17-2006
perfect job,

its a really work fine.

Thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to generate text file from excel file

Hello, I have a excel file which has almost ten columns on the shared drive. I have to write a shell script to ftp that daily to unix server and then extract some columns from there and generate oracle standard text file. The columns should be in proper order and aligned properly, otherwise... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isingh786
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in Parsing a CSV file and generate a new output file

Hi Scripting Gurus, I am trying to parse a csv file and generate a new output file. The input file will be a variable length in turns of rows and columns. output file will have 8 columns. we have three columns from the header for each set. just to give little bit more clarification each row... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkr
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the counter value incremented after every 1 min?

I want to check the counter value for every 1 min until the particular counter value is reached and it should exit. Counter value: 15.( For Example) counter = 1 The start time is noted using Localtime. How can i do this in perl? Regards Archana (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : how to modify a file without generate a temporary file

Hi All, I have a file like below, how can i insert one line after line 1 without using a temporary file in perl? line 1 line 2 line 3 expected result line 1 new line <---insert here line 2 line 3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a delimited string and assign fields to incremented variables?

How can I read a string delimited on spaces and assign the fields to incremented variables. For example: Given $exts= txt dat mov I want to read in $exts and have "txt" "dat" and "mov" assigned to incremented variables like $ext1, $ext2, etc. I would like to do this in a loop so that I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: runit
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the content of file with incremented value

I have a file myfile with only one value 1000.I am using it in a shell script.Each time i run the script,the file shud get incremented by 1. I have used the below code for incrementing the value- curr=`cat myfile` echo $curr curr=`expr $curr + 1` But i am not sure how to save this replaced... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed script to FTP a File and generate a quality checksum file

hi all i want a script to FTP a file and should generate a quality checksum file means when I FTP a file from one server to another server it should generate a QC file which should contain timestamp,no.of records in that file Thanks in advance saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Environment variable need to be incremented

Dear All, I have created a environment variable say VAR and initialised it to 0.when i do echo $VAR it is showing 0.I have written a shell script with one line VAR=$((VAR+1)) and after running the shell script when i echo $VAR my output is still 0.I want to be 1. when i run the statement... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pracheth
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a file based on a incremented folder name

I need to routinely cp a file out of the highest incremented folder named PROD_2_6.1_xxx where xxx (3 numerical values) is incremented only once a night starting at 100 and ending 999 over a period of time. I am not worried about copying a subset of a complete file while it is being created by some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sf_cb
5 Replies
faxrm(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  faxrm(1)

NAME
faxrm - remove fax jobs queued by faxspool(1) SYNOPSIS
faxrm [-i] [job-ids...] DESCRIPTION
Remove job(s) from the fax queue set up by faxspool(1). faxrm removes queued fax jobs. Call with a list of job-IDs to remove specific jobs. Call with no job IDs to be asked interactively about all jobs you own (if run by root, all jobs). For job-id, use the strings returned by faxq(1) (e.g. F000015), without the ``/JOB'' exten- tion. If you are not the owner of the fax job (as per the 'user xyz' statement inside the JOB file), you are not allowed to remove the fax job. Only root is permitted to remove another user's faxes. If the job is locked (most likely because sendfax(8) is active sending it), faxrm doesn't attempt to remove it. Instead, it prints a warn- ing message on stderr and goes on to the next job. EXAMPLES
faxrm F000005 F000033 OPTIONS
-i (interactive mode) Tells faxrm to ask for confirmation before removing the job (UNIMPLEMENTED). BUGS
faxrm doesn't return diagnostic exit codes yet. SEE ALSO
faxrunq(1), faxrunq(8), faxspool(1), faxq(1), faxqueue(5) AUTHOR
faxrm is Copyright (C) 1993-2002 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>. greenie 23 Nov 02 faxrm(1)