Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help Needed for READ command..... Post 302084936 by apoorvasharma80 on Monday 14th of August 2006 08:46:03 AM
Old 08-14-2006
Computer

It's not a solution Rahul but a hint. I remeber telling you about NR of awk. You can use this do create a dynamic line for your while statement. Just try it yourself, it will help you in learning concepts.

regards
Apoorva Kumar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in ls command

Hi all, i need to write an ls command which will pick up ind_01.txt/pak_01.txt from ind_01.txt pak_01.txt usa_01.txt files in a directory.. i wrote a ls command by storing ind and pak in 2 variables and listing it. Its working fine. But the pattern to be matched should be sent in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anju
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed with find command

Hi Guys, Can someone help with this. I have to find out a file name which calls the following sql script "abhishek_to_sdw.sql". In other words it contains a pattern like "abhishek_to_sdw.sql". I have found out using "find" command that the file abhishek_to_sdw.sql is existing on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED and Read Help Needed

Not sure why my sed script is not working..need extra eyes..Any help would be aprreciated. I want to add this line into the 1rst line of the $EJECT FILE sed '/">>>>>>>>>>>>> TAPES TO BE EJECTED /a\<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<"'> $EJECT This is the error message I get: + sed /">>>>>>>>>>>>> TAPES TO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gzs553
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Needed to Read a text from a list files

Hi, Below is my issue which I desperately need and I want a shell script which can do this job. I need this script as I m planning to put this for a system health check. Please assist me. 1. There are 10 log files in a particular location. 2. open each log file. Goto to the end of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashriram
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read command - using output from command substitution

Hey, guys! Trying to research this is such a pain since the read command itself is a common word. Try searching "unix OR linux read command examples" or using the command substitution keyword. :eek: So, I wanted to use a command statement similar to the following. This is kinda taken... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dd command help needed.

Hi I m creating a file which will serve as a virtual harddisk . I m using following command to create a file. #dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/Sample.dat bs=1M count=1024 I have following doubts regarding the operation. 1) In above example i m creating a file with byte size of 1M .However in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to read txt file and do some modification

Hi ...programmers... I need a shell script to perform some specific task.. my txt file looks like this netcdf new { dimensions: XAX1_11 = 11 ; variables: double XAX1_11(XAX1_11) ; XAX1_11:point_spacing = "even" ; XAX1_11:axis = "X" ; float DEPTH(XAX1_11) ;... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file and execute the read command

Hi, I am facing issues with the below: I have a lookup file say lookup.lkp.This lookup.lkp file contains strings delimited by comma(,). Now i want to read this command from file and execute it. So my code below is : Contents in the lookup.lkp file is : c_e,m,a,`cd $BOX | ls cef_*|tail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command needed

Hi, I have the date as 20130101 and i need it to rephrased to 2013-01-01. Any command which can do this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)