Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX FTP setup
Special Forums IP Networking UNIX FTP setup Post 302081914 by pilgrim4119 on Friday 28th of July 2006 05:58:03 PM
Old 07-28-2006
Thanks for the help.
I can ping the IP on the Sun and ftp to it and it says I am connected.
However, it still will not let me log on to the Sun.
Since the users had to all be re-created on the Sun, I'm wondering if something in the user has to be set up

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup an FTP server?

i want setup an ftp server on my homelab now i downloaded resource management book from sun there it shows you how to make the entry in the inet.d.conf file also how to control ftp access but how do u actually set it up? say like i want certain file to be obtain through ftp how do i do that? oh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
1 Replies

2. Solaris

user setup - only ftp access

I want to setup a user on my server and only allow that user to ftp to my server but not to be able to get to command line (telnet /ssh) I ammended my /etc/passwd so the users shell would be /usr/bin/false and this prevents log on but it also prevents the ftp.. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Setup Unix In Pc

Hi, I am new to this forum, and i am trying to learn unix at my home, i do have desk top, and installed windows, also the hard disk space is 80GB, so please guide me , advise me for how to proceed. Your help is needed. Thank you in advance. Aksha. *** email deleted *** (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshamani
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

How To Setup Ftp Server

Hi, I'm planning to setup ftp server but I dont have yet what platform i'll be using. I think what ever flavor it is it will go in the same approach right, anyway I just would like to ask how to setup ftp in unix I know too many of here alraedy done with it. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MVS->Unix FTP : Using chmod as part of FTP.

We are transferring file from mainframes to unix, & in FTP process itself we would like to set access rights for unix machine. Has anyone used chmod command in association with site command in ftp? How it should be used? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setup Secure FTP

Hi All, Please help me to setup the secure Ftp. I want to build a ftp which should ask the Login id and password, and one thing more a particular login should be enable to read/write only his/her directory i.e,s a user should not be able to open the other directories in the ftp.Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp server setup help

Hello all, Am in the process of setting up ftp server in my RHEL3 box. Here is where I downloaded the vsftp server ftp://scary.beasts.org/users/cevans/vsftpd-2.1.1pre1.tar.gz ftp server daemon is running fine, accepting connections from client but the issue is that 'user' I specifically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To setup chrooting ftp

Hi Guru's , Can some one explain me what is chrooting ftp and how to setup the same in Solaris 10 Local zone (Sparse). Thanks In Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to setup a password less ftp??

hi, i want to setup a password less FTP to a remote server so that i can ftp to a remote server without the password. i have setup a passwordless ssh and i am able to use scp commands to connect to the remote server without asking for the password. but when i try to ftp to the same remote... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies
CAS(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    CAS(4)

NAME
cas -- Cassini/Cassini+ (GigaSwift) Ethernet device driver SYNOPSIS
cas* at pci? dev ? function ? Configuration of PHYs may also be necessary. See mii(4). DESCRIPTION
The cas driver provides support for the Sun Cassini and Cassini+ (GigaSwift) and the National Semiconductor Saturn Ethernet hardware found in Sun UltraSPARC machines and Sun GigaSwift PCI cards. Cards supported by this driver include: o Sun Gigaswift Ethernet (SX fibre variants) o Sun Gigaswift Ethernet (UTP variants) o Sun quad Gigaswift Ethernet SEE ALSO
brgphy(4), gentbi(4), gphyter(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), mii(4), ifconfig(8) Sun Microsystems, Cassini+ ASIC Specification, http://www.sun.com/processors/manuals/cs_plus.pdf. HISTORY
The cas driver first appeared in OpenBSD 4.1. NetBSD support was added in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
The cas driver was written for OpenBSD by Mark Kettenis <kettenis@openbsd.org>, based on the gem(4) driver, and ported to NetBSD by Julian Coleman <jdc@NetBSD.org>. BUGS
The cas driver does not support any of the advanced features of the Cassini chip. On the SX fibre variants of the hardware, the link may stay down if media options apart from autoselect are chosen. BSD
January 7, 2010 BSD