Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: question on uuencode
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting question on uuencode Post 302081553 by vangalli on Wednesday 26th of July 2006 07:56:53 AM
Old 07-26-2006
question on uuencode

Hi,

I have one text file which contains customer info with delimited character "|"
that is pipe symbol.

i perform below steps please advice whehter I was right or wrong:

* mv xyz.txt xyz.xls (renaming .txt file to .xls file)
* uuencode xyz.xls xyz.xls ( encoding .xls file)

now i want this excel sheet as an attachment to my mail....

please advice and guide me...

Regards,
RAghu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UUencode UUdecode

Could any 1 send me the details for uuencode and decode . I am working on something which was coded by some1 else using these two commands . I am having a a pwd file with password in the encrypted form as y\215G\216!A\231Ò.:¹... they use a key file which decrpt that pwd file ....key file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myelvis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx and uuencode question

I have this code below that works well. I also want to attach a logfile to the email. The first part of this code is the body of the email. echo "The size of $dirname/$f1 size = $f1size, and $dirname/$f2 = $f2size'" | mailx -s "Error with file sizes on $HOST Server" xyz@company.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

hi all, I dont know of this is a duplicate thread, but the thread i started a while ago wasnot posted still. ok my question is i have a shell script named "mail_editck.sh". i have to include some reports in it so that i can get the email when they are done. the syntax goes like this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejasingaraju17
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode/mailx

Hi all, I know how to use the uuencode/mailx commands to mail a single file within a directory, e.g. uuencode file.dat file.dat | mailx joe.smith@mail.com but now, i need to be able to mail every file within the directory with one command, any ideas? thanks :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ocelot
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expand and uuencode...

I have a log file that looks fine when you view it in Unix but when I send it as an attachment to myself it looses its formatting... so I am using "expand" to replace the tabs with spaces and the format looks good. The code below works great but I was wondering if there was a way to do this without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sethcoop
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uuencode

Hi All, I have a queryin the uuencode option. Actually i need to attach two files in a single mail. I am aware of attaching a single file using the command below. (echo " The first file ";uuencode file1 file1) | mailx -s " The files " venkidhadha@in.com However i am not sure what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with uuencode

i used below code to attach a file but it's not attaching the file but sendinf a simple mail uuencode ${discord_file} mail_list.txt | mailx -s "TEST MAIL" xxx@yahoo.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punitpa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode error

hi all, i get the following error when i try and email a file as an attachment on a solaris box. the command is /usr/bin/uuencode $fileName $fileName | /usr/bin/mailx -s "file" $emailTo and the error is : /usr/bin/uuencode: ISO8859-1 to 646 conversion: Invalid argument The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uuencode

Ello I am having trouble getting uuencode to work. This is the command I am using. gzip -c /directory/path/file.txt | uuencode /directory/path/file.txt.gz | \ /usr/bin/mailx -s"file -$(date)" email@email.com < /directory/path/file.txt.gz However when I receive the email there is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: demention
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

HI, I want to zip it before sending to email. -- This works fine. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | mailx -s "ukba_pb_rfs_daily" test@abc.com --Below command is not working, it sends zunk file. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | gzip... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sampath.Rachcha
9 Replies
GSF(1)								       GNOME								    GSF(1)

NAME
gsf - archiving utility using the G Structured File library SYNOPSIS
gsf [OPTION...] SUBCOMMAND ARCHIVE... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the gsf command. gsf is a simple archive utility, somewhat similar to tar(1). It operates on files following one of the structured file formats understood by the G Structured File library, for example, Microsoft Excel(TM) files. OPTIONS
Options -?, --help Show help options -v, --version Display gsf's version Subcommands cat Output one or more files in archive dump Dump one or more files in archive as formatted hexadecimal help List subcommands list List files in archive props Archive list of property names EXAMPLES
To list the content structure of a Microsoft Excel(TM) file arrays.xls: gsf list arrays.xls To dump Workbook, an individual data stream in arrays.xls: gsf dump arrays.xls Workbook AUTHORS
gsf's primary authors are Morten Welinder <terra@gnome.org> and Jody Goldberg <jody@gnome.org>. The initial version of this manpage was written by J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <jdassen@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
gnumeric(1) The Gnumeric homepage <http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/> The GNOME project page <http://www.gnome.org/> gsf 29 November 2009 GSF(1)