Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers issues involving sshd, display and apache. Post 302080328 by reborg on Monday 17th of July 2006 06:55:35 PM
Old 07-17-2006
can you post the output of uname -a.
(remove the hostname if you don't want to post that)

Also run dmesg and check for any abnormal hardware behaviour.

I still think it sounds like a power-save mode.

try:
Code:
find /etc -type f | xargs grep -l power

And see if this returns any filenames.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apache issues

hi guys! well, as some of you might have noticed, i was having issues getting my linux box going correctly -- well, after some long hours and the help of you guys and my trusty o'reilly linux in a nutshell book, everything's runing great and i'm getting much more comfortable using the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aenemated
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Change the root directory for apache, sshd and ftpd

Helo ! I want to do something and I don't know where to start... I want to make a small web hosting server (just for me and a few friends) and for the sake of learning I'd like to make an account for every user. The thing is that I want everyone to log into the server and to be put in his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

3. AIX

It helps in the sshd on sshd.log

Friends, I made the installation of the ssh in the it conspires, I configured in the ssh_config the following parameters.. SyslogFacility AUTH LogLevel INFO that should generate sshd.log in the /var/log.... more no this generating. Somebody could help myself in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandba
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cal command display issues

I am using AIX version 5.3 I like the cal function because I can print a nice concise view of the calendar for the whole year. I want the calendar to display with 3 months across instead of 2, which is what is happening. My terminal display is set with 67 rows and 140 columns so that should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruddydaggerwing
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Using IP.Board on FreeBSD, having SQL/Apache Issues

Server: FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE MYSQL Version: MYSQL 5.1.36 PHP Version: 5.2.10 (apache2handler) IP.Board Version: v3.0.2 Safe Mode: OFF For the most part previously IP.Board, forum software, has run fine without any issues. Regular web pages and .php pages seem to load fine without any issues.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark Severance
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Apache / Tomcat / APR Issues [RHEL]

Evening, I'm posting for help here, because I'll be honest I've reached the end of my tether, hopefully someone can give me some assistance and help me maintain a level of sanity... I maintain a number of webservers on RHEL 5 64Bit (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)), the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpickering
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Apache write permission issues to another user owned directory

Hi I am trying to make a web program which is command line equivalent. i have done the coding in cgi program in perl and html for basic forms to take inputs. when i ran the program from web application i see permission denied messages. after analyzing i found apache is running as wwwrun which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
2 Replies

8. Linux

Apache httpd configuration - Issues with APR

Hi I have tried setting up of Apache http server - httpd-2.4.25. During configuration, I understand it needs APR to be setup. Hence I have downloaded APR & APR-Util. Performed, tar xvfC apr-1.5.2.tar /root/httpd-2.4.25/srclib/apr What is happening is there is another directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display status of instances in apache - Where to start

Hello, I know this is not a simple question so I just need to know where to start for below project: I am running under Ubuntu 18.04 What I'd like to see in apache page is to display status of particular process pids. ps aux | grep keywords.txt keywords.txt word1 word2 word3 word4... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
9 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)