Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers error running COBOL - ".loader does not exist" Post 302078460 by jbrubaker on Friday 30th of June 2006 02:30:12 PM
Old 06-30-2006
error running COBOL - ".loader does not exist"

Hello. I am new to the unix environment. Currently, I am taking existing COBOL source code and attempting to compile and run on our new UNIX machine. I have succesfully compiled an object. When I try to run I get the follwing error:

0509-036 Cannot load program abeunix.o because of the following errors:
0509-108 The .loader section does not exist.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

script running with "ksh" dumping core but not with "sh"

Hi, I have small script written in korn shell. When it is called from different script, its dumping core, but no core dump when we run it standalone. And its not dumping core if we run the script using "/bin/sh" instead of "ksh" Can some body please help me how to resolve this issue. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: simhe02
9 Replies

2. Red Hat

error"warning: user owen does not exist - using root"?

I am trying to install openmotif22-2.2.3-18.src.rpm, after I typed in " rpm -i openmotif22-2.2.3-18.src.rpm" the following message comes out: warning: user owen does not exist - using root warning: group owen does not exist - using root I am install openmotif under root account. Do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishwater00
2 Replies

3. Programming

how to simulate "mkdir -p /home/blah1/blah2/blah3" in "c" where only /home exist

I'm trying to make use of mkdir(char *pathname, S_IRWXU) to create the directories. but it only creates one directory at a time. so I have to separate the tokens for "/home/blah1/blah2/blah3" as "home blah1 blah2 blah3" using delimiter "/", but it is again hectic to create such directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: platinumedge
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any options with "cp" to create a folder if it doesn't exist.

I've created a backup and restore script and it's working fine so it's all about making it more robust at the moment for me. Let's say the user has a folder in their home directory for word processing files called "wp". I want to copy the files I made a backup of from this directory back into it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EwanD
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripts "Load Error" with MicroFocus COBOL subprograms

When running our UNIX job scripts we randomly get the following 198 error below. When we restart the job it works fine. I haven't been able to recreate the problem in test, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with Cron or possibly a memory error or memory leak. I don't see anything... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rthiele
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put a "timer" when running df - NFS error

Hi gurus, OS = SunOS 5.8 Not sure whether to post this in the scripting one or to advance and experts. Am posting on both since there is two things that am wanting to achieve. Am currerntly having NFS server errors where it is having problems NFS mounting some of the volumes from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSHd is running, but cant connect "Network error: Connection refused"

Hi, i checked on rhel VPS is running sshd (service ssh status) But i cant connect via putty: "Network error: Connection refused" Please which log file in my centos rhel linux i need to watch or what are steps to do to discover cause? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
ALEF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ALEF(1)

NAME
8al, kal, val - ALEF compilers SYNOPSIS
8al [ option ... ] [ file ... ] kal [ option ... ] [ file ... ] val [ option ... ] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
ALEF is a concurrent programming language with a syntax like C's. Kal, val and 8al compile the named ALEF source files into SPARC, MIPS and Intel 386 object files. Source files have the extension .l. The ALEF source is passed through cpp(1) prior to compilation. Object files have the normal extension for each architecture: .k for SPARC, .v for MIPS and .8 for 386. Up to $NPROC files will be compiled in parallel. The compiler options are: -o obj Place output in file obj (ignored if there is more than one input file). Default is to take the last element of the input pathname, strip any trailing .l, and append the object file suffix. -a Write no object file, but produce an acid(1) program on standard output, comprising a set of type declarations and functions to print those types. -aa Like -a but suppress output for types and functions declared in header files. -w Print warning messages for non fatal errors. -N Do not run the code optimizer. -c Do not compile code for check statements. -S Produce assembly language instead of object code as output. By default, output goes to a file named by the last element of the input pathname with .l replaced by .s. -Dname=def -Dname Define the name to the preprocessor, as if by If no definition is given, the name is defined as -Idir files whose names do not begin with are always sought first in the directory of the file argument, then in directories named in -I options, then in /sys/include/alef, and finally in /$objtype/include/alef. -dc Produce various forms of debugging. The character c is an alphabetic. The compiler recognizes several #pragma directives. The first, #pragma lib, is the same as in 2c(1). The others have effect only when profiling is turned on by the -p option of the loader (see 2l(1)). The directive #pragma noprofile disables the generation of profiling code for subsequently declared functions; #pragma profile enables it again. The main use of these directives is to avoid the profiling confusion caused by functions that do not explicitly return, such as the task-switching functions in the run-time system. Nonetheless, without support for profiling multi-process programs, it remains difficult to profile Alef programs. EXAMPLE
To compile and run on a SPARC the ALEF program in the current directory: kal -w *.l kl *.k k.out FILES
/sys/include/alef directory for #include files. /$objtype/lib/alef directory for ALEF libraries SOURCE
/sys/src/alef/port machine-independent part /sys/src/alef/8, etc. machine-dependent parts SEE ALSO
acid(1), 2a(1), 2l(1), mk(1), nm(1), db(1) Phil Winterbottom, ``Alef Reference Manual'', and Bob Flandrena, ``Alef User's Guide''. ALEF(1)