Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switch
Top Forums Programming Switch Post 302077887 by trmn8r on Tuesday 27th of June 2006 10:36:05 AM
Old 06-27-2006
I think that I have a solution to my problem... an array.
I talked it over with a programmer at work, and he showed me a small (very small) program that does what I am wanting to do, display a value (or string) based on two known inputs. Now the only problem that I have is to organize the array (easier said than done, it will require A LOT of typing - "buf[20][100+]"; hopefully I can come up with a script file that will make my life easier).
I appreciate your input and help. Like I said, it wasn't what I wanted to hear, but sometimes the truth hurts Smilie

Thanks agian!

Now... off to scripting Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can you switch

hi, i am try to run following script in c-shell, using switch command. #!/bin/csh choice=0 while do echo "system monitor" echo " 1) system paging 2) system file inf. 3) system disk inf. 9) exit " echo "select an option: \c" read choice case $choice in 1)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neer45
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script with more then one switch

Hi, have managed to code a script that has a simple menu so for instance if I run: this will call a help function that displays the programs help, I have coded this in using a case statement so if: case is h) call the help function The problem is I don't know how to code in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Del33t
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

switch login

Hi, How can I switch from one login to another login in UNIX. su command is disabled in my environment. Is there any alternate way to login. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch + stirng

Hi, This script receive in input 2 parameters, the use $2 in this way: switch ($2) case r: p=r-- echo $2 ok breaksw case rw: p=rw- echo $2 ok breaksw case rwx: p=rwx echo $2 ok breaksw default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing switch

Hello Community! Anyone knows how can I access the switch for monitoring the traffic on my LAN? The switch is a Linksys sr2024 Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for cp with -p switch

Guys, I need to copy files from source to destination with datetime preserved I did it with cp -p <source>/file <destinaltion>/file But when I do stat command on copied file , it seems the copied file has "change time" modified. Please guide me in understanding (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar with -T switch

Howdy, I'm trying to tar a bunch of files into their own individual tar archives. In other words i have files a.txt thru z.txt and i want to create a.tar thru z.tar in the same folder. I've been using -T to read in the list of files to be archived but i can't get it to work. I think my problem is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fistikuffs
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Switch to su

Hi, I've put the correct root password but why do I get this below? huamin@SOL11I:~$ su Password: su: Sorry huamin@SOL11I:~$ Many Thanks & Best Regards, HuaMin (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: HuaMin
16 Replies
CLALSD(l)								 )								 CLALSD(l)

NAME
CLALSD - use the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem of finding X to minimize the Euclidean norm of each column of A*X-B, where A is N-by-N upper bidiagonal, and X and B are N-by-NRHS SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CLALSD( UPLO, SMLSIZ, N, NRHS, D, E, B, LDB, RCOND, RANK, WORK, RWORK, IWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, N, NRHS, RANK, SMLSIZ REAL RCOND INTEGER IWORK( * ) REAL D( * ), E( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
CLALSD uses the singular value decomposition of A to solve the least squares problem of finding X to minimize the Euclidean norm of each column of A*X-B, where A is N-by-N upper bidiagonal, and X and B are N-by-NRHS. The solution X overwrites B. The singular values of A smaller than RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem; in this case a minimum norm solution is returned. The actual singular values are returned in D in ascending order. This code makes very mild assumptions about floating point arithmetic. It will work on machines with a guard digit in add/subtract, or on those binary machines without guard digits which subtract like the Cray XMP, Cray YMP, Cray C 90, or Cray 2. It could conceivably fail on hexadecimal or decimal machines without guard digits, but we know of none. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': D and E define an upper bidiagonal matrix. = 'L': D and E define a lower bidiagonal matrix. SMLSIZ (input) INTEGER The maximum size of the subproblems at the bottom of the computation tree. N (input) INTEGER The dimension of the bidiagonal matrix. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of columns of B. NRHS must be at least 1. D (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N) On entry D contains the main diagonal of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, if INFO = 0, D contains its singular values. E (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) Contains the super-diagonal entries of the bidiagonal matrix. On exit, E has been destroyed. B (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On input, B contains the right hand sides of the least squares problem. On output, B contains the solution X. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of B in the calling subprogram. LDB must be at least max(1,N). RCOND (input) REAL The singular values of A less than or equal to RCOND times the largest singular value are treated as zero in solving the least squares problem. If RCOND is negative, machine precision is used instead. For example, if diag(S)*X=B were the least squares prob- lem, where diag(S) is a diagonal matrix of singular values, the solution would be X(i) = B(i) / S(i) if S(i) is greater than RCOND*max(S), and X(i) = 0 if S(i) is less than or equal to RCOND*max(S). RANK (output) INTEGER The number of singular values of A greater than RCOND times the largest singular value. WORK (workspace) COMPLEX array, dimension at least (N * NRHS). RWORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension at least (9*N + 2*N*SMLSIZ + 8*N*NLVL + 3*SMLSIZ*NRHS + (SMLSIZ+1)**2), where NLVL = MAX( 0, INT( LOG_2( MIN( M,N )/(SMLSIZ+1) ) ) + 1 ) IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension at least (3*N*NLVL + 11*N). INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: The algorithm failed to compute an singular value while working on the submatrix lying in rows and columns INFO/(N+1) through MOD(INFO,N+1). FURTHER DETAILS
Based on contributions by Ming Gu and Ren-Cang Li, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA Osni Marques, LBNL/NERSC, USA LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CLALSD(l)