Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Returning to begining of a script Post 302077874 by qfwfq on Tuesday 27th of June 2006 09:35:30 AM
Old 06-27-2006
Post your code here first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning Values (shell Script)

I have an application on Informix 4GL, and I am invoking the shell script from the program, but I need to know if the shell script work fine or not, in order to continue the process. I know that we can use $? to get the final status but this is on unix command. How can I return a value from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer01
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning to the parent shell after invoking a script within a script

Hi everybody, I have a script in which I'm invoking another script which runs in a subshell. after the script is executed I want to return to the parent shell as some variables are set. However i'm unable to return to my original shell as the script which i'm calling inside is invoked in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
5 Replies

3. AIX

The shell script is not returning proper result

Can anybody pls look into this script and tell me where I went wrong. After running this script, it is showing like "Trying to overlay current working directory ABORT!!!" :-( ARGCNT=$# if then echo "Two parameters are needed for this shell " echo "Please try again with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clnsharma123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Returning a value to a calling script

Hi. I'm trying to call a script named checkForFile.sh from within my main script named master.sh. In checkForFile.sh I want to set a value to the variable fileExist, but then I want to reference the value in the master.sh script. Whenever I attempt this the echo statement is just blank. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script returning null results

Hi, The following shell script returning null results could you please tell me whats the problem in script, ********************************* #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties a=`date +"%y%m%d"` set -x for i in `cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script returning an error message on exiting

Hi, I am writing a script in which I am using an IF-Else statement. Code sample: # Check for the product. If (test "$3" = "Pet") Then Product_Code="PI" elif (test "$3" = "Breakdown") Then Product_Code="RI" elif (test "$3" = "Travel") Then Product_Code="TI" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning to shell from previous script

Found myself stuck on this seemingly trivial issue. I have this script which call other shell files to do their deeds. The shell files in turn call some other programs as well. My problem is that in two of these shell files, the control doesnt return to next command in script unless the Enter key... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoesntMatter
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script returning 0

hello i write a script which calculate free space but he always is 0 thats wrong with my script? getFileSystemPerformanceData() { if ; then if grep -q "Ubuntu" /etc/issue ; then CMD="df -lP | grep -v "\/home" | grep -v "\/dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root"" elif grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donatas1234
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not returning from a sub script?

My problem in brief is that I execute a script from another script and I can not pick up the return code from that script, or otherwise I am not returning from that script. I have an echo in the executed script and we get a response code of 0 and exit that script with the return code. I then try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Charles Swart
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script not returning what I am expecting

Hi there I am trying to create a script where I am checking the process is being run by the correct user, when I go to run the script it is not returning what I am expecting and I am not 100% sure why!!! First off I have determined what the process user should be at the top of the script ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
3 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3pm)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead - LDAPv3 Post-Read control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw( LDAP_CONTROL_POSTREAD LDAP_SUCCESS ); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $postread = Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead->new( attrs => [ qw/givenName/ ] ); my $mesg = $ldap->modify( "cn=Barbara Jensen, o=University of Michigan, c=US", replace => { givenName => "Babs" }, control => $postread ); if ($mesg->code eq LDAP_SUCCESS) { my ($afterwards) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_PREREAD ); my $entry = $afterwards ? $afterwards->entry() : undef; if ($entry) { print "givenName changed to '" . join("', '", $entry->get_value(givenName") . "' to 'Babs' "); } } DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "Post-Read Controls" as described by RFC 4527. In modification operations, the "Post-Read request control" indicates to the server that a copy of the modified entry after the update is to be returned. After the successful completion of the operation, the accompanying "Post-Read response control" allows one to retrieve the updated value from the servers's response. One use case of this control may be to obtain values of operational attributes, such as the "entryUUID" and "modifyTimestamp" attributes, updated by the server as part of the update operation. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
In addition to the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Control the following are provided. attrs => [ ATTR, ... ] A list of attributes to be returned in the entry returned in the response control. If absent, all attributes are returned. Operational attributes may be included in the list by explicitly asking for them or by using special "+" feature (provided the server supports this feature). METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. In addition to these methods, the control also supports the following method: entry () Returns the entry from the response control in the response message to the LDAP request that contained the request control. The result is either a Net::LDAP::Entry object or undefined. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4527.txt AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008,2011 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-07 Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3pm)