Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: korn best practice for shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting korn best practice for shell Post 302077796 by jph on Monday 26th of June 2006 12:05:35 PM
Old 06-26-2006
korn best practice for shell

I need to create a korn function script that has parameter checking and a help section if the parameter count is wrong, then how do I create a library to store these functions and allow them to be called by others????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell

Hi I am new to shell programming. I need help to write a script to monitor a process on Sun OS. If the process fails then call a oracle procedure. i check the process if running by typing ps -ef | grep ESP | grep -v grep root 29002 1 0 Mar 18 ? 7:20... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpanesar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

practice tests- Unix Korn Shell Scripting

Hi, I am about to take certification for "Unix Korn Shell Scripting", which is conducted by brain bench. ( http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/taketest.xml?testId=46) The test consists of 40 single and multiple choice questions that must be answered in 60 minutes. The pass mark... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eswasas
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting practice

Hi , I am new to shell scripting and want to practice some examples. Can anyone tell me any site that works as a tutorial and I can have lot of ready examples for practice. This would hel-p me in understanding the shell scripting faster. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell

I am using korn shell but I want to have my prompt to represnent that of my C shell because I like it better. Is there anyway to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Software to practice Shell scripting

Hi, I need a software in Windows to practice Shell scripting and unix commands. Please let me know. I have used Putty in Office network. Can it be used on single machine. If yes, How can I configure it. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nikhath
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to korn shell

I am new to korn shell and slowly learning. Is there a way to have a parent script prompt for input and then execute a child script and return the output then move forward and ask for more input and then execute the next child script? I think the answer is no but thought i would ask. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cptkirkh
2 Replies
XkbFreeGeomOverlays(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					    XkbFreeGeomOverlays(3)

NAME
XkbFreeGeomOverlays - Free rows in a section SYNOPSIS
void XkbFreeGeomOverlays ( section, first, count, free_all ) XkbSectionPtr section; int first; int count; Bool free_all; ARGUMENTS
- section section in which overlays should be freed - first first overlay to be freed - count number of overlays to be freed - free_all True => all overlays are freed DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides a number of functions to allocate and free subcomponents of a keyboard geometry. Use these functions to create or modify key- board geometries. Note that these functions merely allocate space for the new element(s), and it is up to you to fill in the values explicitly in your code. These allocation functions increase sz_* but never touch num_* (unless there is an allocation failure, in which case they reset both sz_* and num_* to zero). These functions return Success if they succeed, BadAlloc if they are not able to allocate space, or BadValue if a parameter is not as expected. If free_all is True, all overlays are freed regardless of the value of first and count. Otherwise, the number of overlays specified by count are freed, beginning with the overlay specified by first in the specified section. RETURN VALUES
Success The XkbFreeGeomOverlays functions returns Success if there are no allocation or argument errors. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc Unable to allocate storage BadValue An argument is out of range X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XkbFreeGeomOverlays(3)