Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers delete or disable the system generated account Post 302076670 by sak900354 on Thursday 15th of June 2006 04:10:44 AM
Old 06-15-2006
delete or disable the system generated account

I have this unix version 3.0

"UNIX_SV server 4.0 3.0 3425 Pentium II(TM)-ISA/PCI"

can i delete or disable the system generated account as "daemon";"uucp";"sys";"adm";"listen";"bin"

and if yes how can i do it?

Regards

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Temporarily Disable User Account

I want to temporarily disable a user account on HP-UX at the start of a script and renable the account at the end of the script. What would be the best method on HP-UX to temporarily disable a user account? I know of the passwd -l option that will lock the account, but I do not see a flag for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Root account - disable expiry

I couldnt find this in any other post - so hoping someone can help out. I want to set password expiry (or rather I have to) for a number of users on my solaris 9 system. I know i can set the following options in the /etc/default/passwd file to do it and then just type a passwd -f <username> to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to manage the .nfs files generated by the system

I'm running a UNIX application on HP-UX which generated logs files every few seconds. Now at times these log files are replicated as .nfs files and sometimes cannot be deleted. Now it reaches a point that i'm not even able to list any files on the logs directory. Normally i restart that server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Delete my Account

Delete my account, please. Many thanks and best wishes with the forum. :] (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BSRadcliffe
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Delete this account

Hi, I want to change my user name.And if that is not possible can u please close the account so that i can create a new account with other user name. Regards, Jyothi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a command to delete all files apart from last file generated

Hi, I have a directory named (/output). this directory has files in the below format abc.* , xyz*, djj*, iwe*, weewe*, rier*, 3948903ddfgf* these files are generated at random. what i need to do is. delete all the files of all kinds but keep only the last generated file of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
5 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please delete my account

can`t find an option to do this.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spacevoid8
1 Replies
Log(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    Log(4)

NAME
Log, .Log - Contains the uucp program log files SYNOPSIS
/usr/spool/uucp/.Log DESCRIPTION
The /usr/spool/uucp/.Log directories contain uucp program log files. The uucp program normally places status information about each trans- action in the appropriate log file each time you use the networking utilities facility. All transactions of the uucico and uuxqt daemons are logged in files named for the remote system concerned. The files are stored in a subdirectory of the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log directory named for the daemon involved. Thus, the log files are named with a form of the following: /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/DaemonName/SystemName The uucp and uuto commands call the uucico daemon. The uucico daemon activities for a particular remote system are logged in the System- Name file in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uucico directory on the local system. The uux and uusend commands call the uuxqt daemon. The uuxqt daemon activities for a particular remote system are logged in the SystemName file in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uuxqt directory on the local system. When more than one uucp process is running, however, the system cannot access the standard log file, so it places the status information in a file with a .Log prefix that covers just the single transaction. The uucp program can automatically append the temporary log files to a primary log file. This is called compacting the log files, and is handled by the uudemon.cleanu command, a shell procedure, which combines the log files of the activities of the uucico and uuxqt daemons on a system and stores them in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Old directory. The default is for the uudemon.cleanu command to save log files that are 2 days old. This default can be changed by modifying the appro- priate line in the shell script. If storage space is a problem on a particular system, reduce the number of days that the files are kept in the individual log files. The uulog command can be used to view the uucp program log files. RELATED INFORMATION
Daemons: cron, uucico(8), uusched(8) Commands: uucp(1), uudemon.cleanu(4), uulog(1), uusend(1), uuto(1), uux(1) delim off Log(4)