Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: x server starting problem
Operating Systems Solaris x server starting problem Post 302075954 by reborg on Wednesday 7th of June 2006 06:55:10 PM
Old 06-07-2006
What do get in /var/dt/Xerrors?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting a server

i am currently am planning to start a webserver to host a community of webpages, but i need help getting started? anyone have any sites or advice for me? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowlofrice
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting jabber server on startup

Fedora Core2 Jabberd 1.4.2 quickstart Anyone using a jabber server? Do you know how to have it startup when booting? I can't seem to figure that part out. Jeff (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

The server is not starting all services

Hi everybody When I Boot/restart my HP-UX server when it reaches the step described below doesn't go through. When I kick a key in the console it show me the login prompt and a can log on but I cannot access the server from the network, I can only do it via LAN console. Please, can you help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Starting NFS server Solaris 10

Whenever I start nfs/server using "svcadm -v enable" it appears to start up. But when I look for daemons such as nfsd I don't see any. So I checked the manifest logs for nfs/server and it's telling me the NFS service gets enabled and then immediately disabled with a stop 102. All the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdsffl
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting Server after losinf usr

Hi I accidentally deleted all the files in the /usr when I should have deleted files in usr1. Ever since I haven't been able to satrt my server which runs on Solaris 9 and SPARC engine. Can anyone help me to start the server and restore the rest of the services? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
1 Replies

6. Solaris

nfs/server not starting

Hi Gurus Sorry to ask this question again but left with no option I have entry in /etc/dfs/dfstab for resources which i am welling to shaer over the netwrok. Idelay once i execute shaerall it should enabel the nfs/server servcie in Solaris 10, however it was not stared and later i tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Starting an Apache Server

Sir, I have installed an Apache server in Fedora 9 (packages) and when i go to etc folder and try the command httpd -k start it says command not found....can any one help me out!!! ---------- Post updated at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:46 AM ---------- When i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bssandeshbs
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Starting nfs/server

Hi, I do not get nfs/server started. bash-3.00# svcadm enable nfs/server bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep nfs disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/cbd:default disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/client:default disabled 21:44:51 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default disabled ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Web server cannot starting

hi guys i try to start my web server on solaris 10 with T2000 server, i have been already start but the status always maintenace. when i check logfile i have this messages when i exceute " svcs -l http" i have this output fmri svc:/network/http:apache2 name ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: audi_99
10 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Start X Server without starting a terminal

when I run C:\cygwin\bin\run C:\cygwin\bin\startxwin.exe it fires up a terminal by default. Can I eliminate that terminal and start the x server as a service silently and sits in my status bar just there? Thanks Jack (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)