Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: x server starting problem
Operating Systems Solaris x server starting problem Post 302075954 by reborg on Wednesday 7th of June 2006 06:55:10 PM
Old 06-07-2006
What do get in /var/dt/Xerrors?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting a server

i am currently am planning to start a webserver to host a community of webpages, but i need help getting started? anyone have any sites or advice for me? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowlofrice
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting jabber server on startup

Fedora Core2 Jabberd 1.4.2 quickstart Anyone using a jabber server? Do you know how to have it startup when booting? I can't seem to figure that part out. Jeff (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

The server is not starting all services

Hi everybody When I Boot/restart my HP-UX server when it reaches the step described below doesn't go through. When I kick a key in the console it show me the login prompt and a can log on but I cannot access the server from the network, I can only do it via LAN console. Please, can you help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Starting NFS server Solaris 10

Whenever I start nfs/server using "svcadm -v enable" it appears to start up. But when I look for daemons such as nfsd I don't see any. So I checked the manifest logs for nfs/server and it's telling me the NFS service gets enabled and then immediately disabled with a stop 102. All the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdsffl
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting Server after losinf usr

Hi I accidentally deleted all the files in the /usr when I should have deleted files in usr1. Ever since I haven't been able to satrt my server which runs on Solaris 9 and SPARC engine. Can anyone help me to start the server and restore the rest of the services? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
1 Replies

6. Solaris

nfs/server not starting

Hi Gurus Sorry to ask this question again but left with no option I have entry in /etc/dfs/dfstab for resources which i am welling to shaer over the netwrok. Idelay once i execute shaerall it should enabel the nfs/server servcie in Solaris 10, however it was not stared and later i tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Starting an Apache Server

Sir, I have installed an Apache server in Fedora 9 (packages) and when i go to etc folder and try the command httpd -k start it says command not found....can any one help me out!!! ---------- Post updated at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:46 AM ---------- When i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bssandeshbs
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Starting nfs/server

Hi, I do not get nfs/server started. bash-3.00# svcadm enable nfs/server bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep nfs disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/cbd:default disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/client:default disabled 21:44:51 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default disabled ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Web server cannot starting

hi guys i try to start my web server on solaris 10 with T2000 server, i have been already start but the status always maintenace. when i check logfile i have this messages when i exceute " svcs -l http" i have this output fmri svc:/network/http:apache2 name ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: audi_99
10 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Start X Server without starting a terminal

when I run C:\cygwin\bin\run C:\cygwin\bin\startxwin.exe it fires up a terminal by default. Can I eliminate that terminal and start the x server as a service silently and sits in my status bar just there? Thanks Jack (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
0 Replies
lreplace(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       lreplace(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
lreplace - Replace elements in a list with new elements SYNOPSIS
lreplace list first last ?element element ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
lreplace returns a new list formed by replacing one or more elements of list with the element arguments. first and last are index values | specifying the first and last elements of the range to replace. The index values first and last are interpreted the same as index values | for the command string index, supporting simple index arithmetic and indices relative to the end of the list. 0 refers to the first ele- | ment of the list, and end refers to the last element of the list. If list is empty, then first and last are ignored. If first is less than zero, it is considered to refer to before the first element of the list. For non-empty lists, the element indicated by first must exist or first must indicate before the start of the list. If last is less than first, then any specified elements will be inserted into the list at the point specified by first with no elements being deleted. The element arguments specify zero or more new arguments to be added to the list in place of those that were deleted. Each element argu- ment will become a separate element of the list. If no element arguments are specified, then the elements between first and last are sim- ply deleted. If list is empty, any element arguments are added to the end of the list. EXAMPLES
Replacing an element of a list with another: % lreplace {a b c d e} 1 1 foo a foo c d e Replacing two elements of a list with three: % lreplace {a b c d e} 1 2 three more elements a three more elements d e Deleting the last element from a list in a variable: % set var {a b c d e} a b c d e % set var [lreplace $var end end] a b c d A procedure to delete a given element from a list: proc lremove {listVariable value} { upvar 1 $listVariable var set idx [lsearch -exact $var $value] set var [lreplace $var $idx $idx] } SEE ALSO
list(n), lappend(n), lindex(n), linsert(n), llength(n), lsearch(n), lset(n), lrange(n), lsort(n), string(n) | KEYWORDS
element, list, replace Tcl 7.4 lreplace(n)