Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Japanese Locale installation on AIX 5.3 Post 302075581 by aditya_930 on Monday 5th of June 2006 11:12:49 AM
Old 06-05-2006
Japanese Locale installation on AIX 5.3

Hi

Can anybody tell me where do i find (download) the following filesets for AIX 5.3. These are the dependencies i'm facing while installing Japanese locale from the 5th CD of AIX 5.3 CD bundle.

X11.loc.ja_JP.base.rte 5.3.0.0 # AIXwindows Locale Configurat...
bos.loc.iso.ja_JP 5.3.0.0 # Base System Locale ISO Code ...
bos.loc.utf.JA_JP 5.3.0.0 # Base System Locale UTF Code ...
xlC.msg.JA_JP.cpp 6.0.0.0 # C for AIX Preprocessor Messa...
xlC.msg.JA_JP.rte 6.0.0.0 # C Set ++ Runtime Messages--J...
xlC.msg.Ja_JP.cpp 6.0.0.0 # C for AIX Preprocessor Messa...
xlC.msg.Ja_JP.rte 6.0.0.0 # C Set ++ Runtime Messages--J...
xlC.msg.ja_JP.cpp 6.0.0.0 # C for AIX Preprocessor Messa...
xlC.msg.ja_JP.rte 6.0.0.0 # C Set ++ Runtime Messages--J...

Best Regards
-Aditya

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Installation

I am in need some some simple... straight forward instructions for creating file systems on AIX. I have a raid controller and 4 18.2gb Hot Swap SCSI drives. I am sooooo confused about Volume Groups, Physical Volume, and Physical Partition, and Logical Volume and Logical Partitions. In a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. AIX

aix installation

hey all I have ibm RS6000 WORKSTATION,iam new to aix i worked on sparc system,but dont know anything abt aix can some one guide me how to install aix 4.3.3 fresh installtion how the partition to be created how to start the installltion and finish it how to add new external hdd. plss osme one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - MySQL installation help

Hi, I'm facing troubles in installing MySQL on AIX 5.3. After I run make it's getting errors and exiting, few of the errors are pasted below. Please help me to install it succesfully. ld: 0711-235 WARNING: Archive member ../mysys/libmysys.a is not an object file or an import list.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishi
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in locale installation through solaris 10 cds

Dear All I am in a problem where i have to install en_us locale through solaris 10 05/08 which is in 5 cds as I download from internet. when I use the following command after putting disk 1 of solaris 10 loceladm -a en_us -d /cdrom/cdrom0/s0/Solaris_10/Product It install few packages but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Installation of locale..

Hi All, i am pretty new to sun solaris env.I need to install a french locale onto my machine.Could you please guide me through the steps. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sankasu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Locale installation..

Hi All, I need to install a swedish locale on a solaris machine(ver. 10).I have the package downloaded.Can anyone please guide me through the steps and things i need to keep in mind when doing the same? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

7. AIX

Problem with wc command in AIX in ZH_CN locale

Hi, When I am trying to use wc -c "filename" in terminal it is printing the file size. But when I change the terminal locale setting using export LC_ALL=ZH_CN.UTF-8 and try, it is giving an error in chinese saying (Invalid multibyte character) and not printing the size. Same problem I am facing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanaka
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris "System locale" during installation

Hi I install Solaris10 and during this process there is a question "Select the initial locale to be used after the system has been installed " There is plenty of choices and default already selected is POSIX C (C). What should I choose in this list ? Why instalator asks for this question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to set the japanese locale in Solaris 10

Pls help me to set the japanese locale in Solaris 10. I have checked JP locale has been already installed on Solaris BOX. Thanks, Karan N (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirka01
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX CDE Locale Configuration

Dears I am looking for this binary to complete my X11 installation and I can not find it in the media , can any one help me where can I download it X11.loc.en_US.Dt.rte AIX CDE Locale Configuration - U.S. English (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies
euctoibmj(1)							   User Commands						      euctoibmj(1)

NAME
euctoibmj, ibmjtoeuc - Code conversion between Japanese EUC and IBM-Japanese SYNOPSIS
euctoibmj [-t] [-u code] [-U] [filename...] ibmjtoeuc [-u code] [-U] [filename...] AVAILABILITY
SUNWjfpu DESCRIPTION
euctoibmj converts the contents of the specified filenames from ASCII/ Japanese EUC to EBCDIC/IBM-Japanese. ibmjtoeuc converts the con- tents of the specified filenames from EBCDIC/IBM-Japanese to ASCII/ Japanese EUC. The both commands write the resultant code to stdout. If filename is not given, input characters are read from the standard input. For Japanese language handling, the euctoibmj/ibmjtoeucj pair of commands provide conversion only between the two code standards. Code con- version among Japanese EUC, JIS, and PC kanji are supported by another set of commands, jistoeuc(1) family or iconv(1). OPTIONS
-u code With this option specified, characters in one code set that do not have corresponding characters in the other are mapped to the code given in four-digit hexadecimal HOST CODE of IBM Japanese (for euctoibmj) or in four-digit JIS Ku-Ten code (for ibmjtoeuc). Without this option, such characters are mapped to HOST CODE 4040 (for euctoibmj) or JIS Ku-Ten code 0101 (for ibmjtoeuc). -U The output is not buffered (The default is buffered output). -t With this option specified, euctoibmj translates Half-Size Katakana (Code Set 2) in Japanese EUC to the corresponding characters in Code Set 1 prior to conversion. Without this option, Code Set 2 characters in Japanese EUC are processed to the illegal charac- ter. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variables LC_CTYPE and LANG control the character classification throughout these commands. For euctoibmj and ibmjtoeuc to work correctly, one or both of the environment variables must be set to ja or an equivalent locale. On entry to these commands, these envi- ronment variables are checked in the following order: LC_CTYPE and LANG. When a valid value is found, remaining environment variables for character classification are ignored. FILES
/usr/lib/jcodetables/ibmj-euc Code conversion table for IBM Japanese. SEE ALSO
iconv(1), jistoeuc(1), iconv_ja(5) DIAGNOSTICS
unexpected data encountered in input. Illegal character code is found in input file. BUGS
The ASCII/EBCDIC conversion table are taken from the 256 character standard in the CACM Nov, 1968. The conversion, while less blessed as a standard, corresponds better to certain IBM print train convertions. There is no universal solution. The Japanese EUC/IBM Japanese conversion table is based on the IBM Kanji codebook (4th edition - September 1987), JIS X 0201, and JIS X 0208-1983. If JIS X 0212 caracter set is specified as input, euctoibmj can not support the conversion correctly. SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2003 euctoibmj(1)