Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Illegal function call
Top Forums Programming Illegal function call Post 302074558 by naren_chella on Wednesday 24th of May 2006 04:45:52 AM
Old 05-24-2006
library function

Hi ,
Its library function of MPE in Hp3k which is being ported to HP-UX .
its showing error message error:1153 illegal function call

But it is suing FWRITE and FOPEN function MPE environment in C progr

Thanks
narendra babu C

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

function call

can I call a function in bash script just as in C++ while do function() done function() thanks, Steffen (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
3 Replies

2. Programming

Help with a function call

Hi, Can anyone help me figure out the problem I'm having with a function call? I have a header file, which sets an enum: typedef enum {INFO, WARNING, FATAL} Levels; int log_event (Levels, char *fmt, ...); ..then the function is called this way: log_event(INFO, "Message text"); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stevhp
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call function

I have a function check_ok in my abc.sh. which return me 1 or 0 . I want to call this fuction through other shell script. this shell also send two parameter to calling function. Can you please tell me how. I am very new in unix. #!/bin/bash date_equal() { sqlplus -silent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamil Qadir
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

function call

hi, can any one help me to correct this function call. awk -F "," '{ {first=$1; sec=$2; tro=$3;quat=$4 } if (tro == "") { $3 = search "$file2" "$first" "$file3" {print $1","$2","$3","$4} } else {print $1","$2","$3 $4}}' $file1 > $file search () { (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on function call

hello, when i call function inside awk traitement it doesn't work, i don't have error execution but i don't get result and if i call the function outside awk traitement it work well.. there's something special in awk call function?? here is the example : awk -F "," '{ {first=$1; sec=$2;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function Call

Hi, I have a string corresponding to a function. How I can call that function without if statement? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function call

Hi foiks i am unable to find what is wrong in my code mu functionality is to exit from shell when i give 99 but it is not calling function ext Could you please correct me. read option if ; then ext else echo "out" fi function ext { echo "tested 99 and exit... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kojo
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

After exit from function it should not call other function

Below is my script that is function properly per my conditions but I am facing one problem here that is when one function fails then Iy should not check other functions but it calls the other function too So anyone can help me how could i achieve this? iNOUT i AM GIVING TO THE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Call a Function

Hi I have created a function in a Shell Script test.sh function fnTest() { echo "My first Method } I have called this function in my test.sh cat abc.txt | grep "test" echo " test" fnTest But while running the shell script i got the following error: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies
newsbody(1)							   User Manuals 						       newsbody(1)

NAME
newsbody - Run a program on the body of a mail or news message SYNOPSIS
newsbody [-fhqsv] [-k headername ] -n message -p program [-- [ arguments... ]] DESCRIPTION
newsbody copies the body of a news or email article in message to a temporary file (called the bodyfile) and then calls program with its arguments. program is supposed to somehow change the bodyfile. It can for instance be a spell checker. Afterwards the possibly changed body is remerged with the headers and copied back into the message. If message is specified as - then newsbody will act as a filter, i.e. standard input and standard output will be used. %f in the arguments will be expanded to the name of the bodyfile, or - if the -f option is used. Use %% for a real % character. OPTIONS
-f The called program is a filter so don't make a temporary file, but pipe the body to its standard input and read it back from its standard output. -h Keep the entire header. This flag can also be used if newsfile doesn't have a header at all. -q Also remove quotes before filtering the body. Lines starting with > are considered quotes. -s Also remove signature before filtering the body. -k headername Keep these header lines in the bodyfile. Multiple -k flags are allowed. -v Print the version and exit. FILES
newsbody uses one or two temporary files with names given by the mkstemp(3) or the tmpnam(3) function. BUGS
If some system call gives an unexpected error newsbody will stop immediately with an error message leaving its temporary files. AUTHOR
Byrial Jensen <byrial@image.dk> SEE ALSO
pospell(1). Unix APRIL 2000 newsbody(1)