Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need your advise for which version ? Post 302074286 by jsandova on Monday 22nd of May 2006 11:52:27 AM
Old 05-22-2006
I would recommend Mandrake now known as Mandrivia for beginners.

http://www.mandriva.com/en/community...mandriva_linux

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Career Advise: Part 2

I am a windows server guy. Trust me, I know the limitations and arrogance of Microsoft as well as anyone. I just keep the servers running, I don't write the code. Just accepted a new job with a company that is mostly a UNIX shop for the vast majority of business applications. That is not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: philwithbeard
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am one of the newbies, please advise

I am new to UNIX and Linux. I have some experiences with Windows server. I am thinking to start with those OS (Unix/Linux) and more specifically with the OS for the server. however, i have no idea which one would i start first, unix or linux? Because i also dont know how they are different. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

your advise on mysql, please

My intention is to set up a mysql on unix. Could you provide some info, please, useful for realization of the plan (other than "read the documentation" that will be done anyway)? vaguely yours` sehrguey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serguey
2 Replies

4. Linux

Please advise me.

Hello all, I have a question, and would like some advice please. I am a windows guy by trade....5 years in the Marines is where I learnt a lot of what i know. I took a junior level sys admin job...learned a bit more...and now I do IT security. All of this happened in the last 8 years. So I'm 27... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quality
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advise on HP unix

Hi everyone I need help i want to learn Unix and do some certification on Unix Hp the reason why i choose Hp is because the company that i work for uses HP and interested in knowing a lt more about what i do i montor the unix server (disk space CPU usage memory utilization,proceeses job... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liema
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Experts !!! Please advise

Hi, I work on sun Solaris. Am hosting few web services on my server which are accessed over the internet. Now to check whether the web service is responding or not, i first have to log in to the web service URL. If it doesn't respond there, i come back to my server box and restart the service... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sting672744
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would you like to advise a beginner !

Im new in unix, I learned some commands, I have a small idea in MS Dos Would you like to advise me where and how to start ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BaxxterHp
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please advise configuration manager

Hello Dears, I am up to install configuration manager as the number of Linux systems are growing alot in my company. can please advise any of them? Puppet, spicewalk ansilble etc.. please share you opinion. My aim is to have config manager to automate/provision systems and to have inventory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies
QWindowsStyle(3qt)														QWindowsStyle(3qt)

NAME
QWindowsStyle - Microsoft Windows-like look and feel SYNOPSIS
#include <qwindowsstyle.h> Inherits QCommonStyle. Inherited by QMacStyle and QPlatinumStyle. Public Members QWindowsStyle () DESCRIPTION
The QWindowsStyle class provides a Microsoft Windows-like look and feel. This style is Qt's default GUI style on Windows. See also Widget Appearance and Style. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QWindowsStyle::QWindowsStyle () Constructs a QWindowsStyle SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qwindowsstyle.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qwindowsstyle.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QWindowsStyle(3qt)