Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting only find files older than x minutes old Post 302073960 by ranj@chn on Thursday 18th of May 2006 11:48:28 PM
Old 05-19-2006
see if it helps

May be you could create a file with a timestamp you want and use find's 'newer' option to get the files. Search the site for numerous examples.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

files older than 15 minutes

Hi Friends, i have to write a script to raise a flag if there are any files that are older than 15 minutes in the directory.The directory is supplied as the parameter to the script. please help with a sample script. Thanks in advance veera (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files onder than 15 minutes

Hi Friends, i have to write a script to raise a flag if there are any files that are older than 15 minutes in the directory.The directory is supplied as the parameter to the script. please help with a sample script. Thanks in advance veera (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files older than 5 minutes in directory (recursively)

sorry guys can some please give me a hint how to achieve this in a slick oneliner? delete files older than 5 minutes in specified directory (recursively) peace (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files which are <n> minutes old

Hi, i want to find certain files which are more than <n> minutes old,i have the command to find the files say <n> days old(as below) but not in terms of minutes. find . -name "14*.000" -type f -mtime +1 Is there any way to find this? Regards, Cherry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cherryven75
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files created within 30 minutes

find . -name *.txt -mmin -30 This is working in Redhat but not in Solaris.. What is the equivalent option in Solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tene
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

files older than 10 minutes

Hi, I have to find the files older than 10 minutes and remove those files as well as redirect the file names into a log file. i am using sun OS and my unix is not GNU and also not having perl. Could any one suggest me the way to approach. It would be great if script is provided. Also... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan10k
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with get/mget from FTP server with files older than 10 minutes

Hi! I am new to unix and this forum as well.. Can someone please help me : I want to "get/mget" files which are older than 10 minutes from a remote FTP server like "ftp.com". After getting the files to local unix server say "Prod.com" , i need to delete only those files from ftp.com which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies
NFXMIT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 NFXMIT(8)

NAME
nfxmit, nfrcv - notesfile networking programs SYNOPSIS
nfxmit -dsite [ -r ] [ -a ] [ -i ] [ -t date-spec ] [ -f file ] topic [ ... ] nfrcv topic fromsystem DESCRIPTION
Nfxmit and nfrcv implement networking of notesfiles. The nfxmit program packages eligible new articles and sends them to a remote system. Nfrcv is the receiving end of this team. Nfxmit sends the specified notesfiles to the site specified with the -d option. The -r option specifies that a request should be queued for the remote site to transmit updates from its copies of the notesfiles sent. The -r option is used only if the other site does not automatically queue updates of the notesfile. Specify -a to have articles which originated in news(1) sent. News(1)-originated articles will usually reach each system via the news pro- gram. The -i option indicates that nfxmit is to send articles to the destination that it normally would not send. These articles are those that were written there or were received at the local site from that particular site. The -i option is separate from the timestamp functions. Articles are first selected on the basis of the time received and criteria for having passed through news or the destination system are applied later. A timestamp of the last transmission of each notesfile to each system is maintained. This is used for determining the notes to send. If a different timestamp is desired, use the -t option. The supplied timestamp is used for this transfer and the stored timestamp is updated. Specify -f myfile on the command line to have nfxmit read myfile for a list of notesfiles to be sent. This is useful if the number of notesfiles is too numerous to list on a single command line. The shell meta-characters *, ?, [, and ] are recognized in both the topic parameter and the entries in myfile. Nfxmit uses uux(I) to invoke nfrcv on the remote system in order to process the incoming notes. Non-uucp connections are supported and specified in the file /usr/spool/notes/.utilities/net.how FILES
/usr/spool/notes/.utilities/net.how specifies connection methods between systems /usr/spool/notes/.utilities/net.alias directory containing mapping of local and remote notesfile names /usr/spool/notes/.sequencer/Sy:sysname Seqeuncing timestamps for sysname. SEE ALSO
news(1), notes(1), nfcomment(3), uucp(1), The Notesfile Reference Manual AUTHORS
Ray Essick (uiucdcs!essick, essick%uiuc@csnet-relay.arpa) Department of Computer Science University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Urbana, IL Rob Kolstad (kolstad@convex.UUCP) CONVEX Computer Corporation Richardson, TX University of Illinois NFXMIT(8)